Wake Up Call

You sat at your booth concocting a plan to help out the girls with their financial trouble. Jack said his business was going great maybe you could ask him if he could loan them some money and they'd pay it back as soon as they could. Surrounded by your thoughts you didn't notice Rio sliding into the seat in front of you.

You sat up analyzing the room. "so wheres, the hubby?" He smirked fixing himself in the seat.

"working," Rio smiled as the waitress walked to us. She grabbed her booklet scribbling something down before looking up at us.

"What can I get the couple?" Her southern accent was prominent.

You were interrupted mid-sentence by Rio who played along. "Can I get that hashbrown special you guys serve?" She wrote it down giggling from his excitement. "What about you, honey?" He turned to you.

"I just want the coffee, love," She left disappearing into the back. After a few seconds of silence, Rio spoke up.

"So this is where you ran off too," He leaned back resting against the booth. You chuckled placing your hands over the table playing with your ring.

"I wasn't running," He wouldn't understand anyway.

"disappearing from everyone, id say thats called running," He shrugged responding to you.

"So you joined a gang?"He scoffed crossing his arms.

"Im running a gang," The waitress came back with our stuff placing them down before leaving again. "I worked hard to be where I am."

"I thought you'd stay out of it," It's been years since you last saw him but the closer you looked more you realized he hasn't changed. Yeah, the tattoos might have made him seem less approachable but he was the same guy.

"The one person worth staying out for left me, " Your stomach turned over as the guilt rose up. You knew some people would notice but you didn't think so much depended on you.

"God I love how it's so soft and chewie yet hard and crunchy on the outside," He picked at the food almost finishing up. You looked around the room one more time. "Relax its only me."

"How did you find me?" You asked him. You knew how to cover your tracks.

"Once I knew where you were it wasn't hard," He was the one who taught you. You examined his neck tattoo again seeing the details.

"It looks good on you, the neck tat," Both of you smiled as he touched it. "Doesn't look one bit scary," You started laughing imagining how people must have reacted to it. He followed behind laughing too. as it died down you made eye contact with each other.

"Why did you leave?" You bit your bottom lip looking away.

"I had to," When you looked down at the table his hand was grazing yours. For a minute you thought about it, it was then you remembered missing his touch and longing to be with him again.

But you're not 17 anymore, you're not this little kid you have a fiance. You pulled away covering your face.

"I love my fiance," You told him sitting back.

He scoffed thinking about something. "you saying that to me or to yourself?" You remained quiet not knowing how to respond. He sat up throwing a few bills on the table before stopping right next to me. "but does he love the real you?" He touched your shoulder before walking away leaving you to question yourself.

--

As soon as you reached Beth's house, you managed to collapse on her couch wanting to scream, cry, yell and just about everything.

"What's up hon?" Beth stopped talking turning to you. You knew it was written all over you but you couldn't go home to an empty house.

"Its nothing," The girls surrounded you asking a thousand questions but you only focused on only one.

"Is it about gangbanger, is he threatening you?" You shook your head laughing at how the girls are oblivious to the reality. He can never do that to you.

"No he's not threatening," It would be easier if he was.

"Well, something is up because ever since he showed up you've been on high alert" You sighed sitting up. These were your girls they cared so much about you, they were the sisters you wish you had. You knew almost everything about them but they knew almost nothing about you.

"I have to tell you guys something" You let go of the breath you were holding before starting.

"You know how you guys dont know much about my past" Ruby then spoke up.

"Yeah, every time we mention it you shut down" Which was true, you tried keeping your past as secret as possible.

"Gangbanger, his name is Rio and he is part of my past"

Yay chapter 2! whos up for 3? It may or not be a flashback but who knows.