2

-

When we arrive at the airport Meg immediately announces that she's going to find wifi, leaving me with our mums.

"Well your gate is open so you may as well head through now" My mum announces "Goodbye Megs" She says hugging me tight and kissing my head.

"Where is Meg?" Her mum says impatiently "Well I may as well say goodbye to you now Megan. I hope you have a great time. You know what she's like, don't let her get into any trouble okay?"

"Text your sister when you land okay?" Mum says worriedly

"Of course I will mum. You've said that 5 times now"

"I can't believe my baby is going on her first holiday without me"

"I'm 17 now, I'll be fine" I promise. I hope I'll be fine. I have to be.

"Bye mum" We hear Meg call as she makes her way over to us. She hugs her mum tightly and my mum turns to her.

"Meghana, look after her will you? She's special cargo. Call if anything happens, I don't care about overseas charges"

"Will do Mrs J"

"Thank you! Have a safe flight girls" She responds.

"Bye!"

-

As soon as we land I text my sister saying we've landed and we run through the airport and check out as quick as we can.

"We're gonna meet Jack!" Meg screams as we wait for our bags at baggage claim.

"Shut up will you!" I say nervously looking around. I hate being the centre of attention but on the other hand Meg.. well she's not attention seeking. She's confident, she doesn't care what people think of her but I do. I think that's why we're so close because we are so different but so similar at the same time.

"Who cares? We're in America! No mums, no dads, no annoying little brothers or older sisters"

"I don't have a brother"

"You're turning into literal Jack" She laughs at her own joke.

"I'm so excited" I exclaim. I point to a familiar suitcase as it comes around the conveyor belt. There it is!"

-

"Kayla!" Meg screams as a car pulls up in front of us as we on the pavement.

"Meg?" The girl says pulling over and jumping out of the car. She runs to Meg and hugs her tightly "I'm so glad you're here!"

"Me too! We finally get to meet!" Meg says to the girl- Kayla. Meg's told me about her. Kayla is 22, mixed race with blonde frizzy afro hair, she's skinny with her belly button peirced. She's wearing a grey, cropped band shirt, Black skinny jeans , a leather jacket and black high heeled boots.

"Oh hey! Megan right?" She says hugging me too.

"Kayla!" I exclaim. Meg and I facetimed her once or twice so I know her, just not as well as Meg does.

"I'd love to stay and chat but I have to get to work and you have to go and meet Jack" She squeals sharing our excitement. Meg met Kayla on twitter over a year ago, they talk nearly everyday. Kayla isn't a jack and jack fan, she's a fan of the Janoskians- Beau especially. Meg calls the Janoskians the loves of her life- Jai especially.

"Thank you so much for taking our stuff!" Meg says hugging her again.

"It's fine. You don't even have that much!"

"Yeah Thank you" I pitch in

"Anytime, just text me the address of where you're staying and I'll drop it off" She winks, taking our bags into the back of her car.

"Okay bye!" Meg says, watching Kayla drive away. She turns to me, looking serious. "Help me hail a taxi"