Bring Blindfolds

Chapter dedicated to Savitarbarry02 for the motivation.

Her throat seared from her screams as much as the metal pressed to her side. The sizzle of her melting skin drowned in the blood surging from the wound.

The man yelled at her again but she couldn't hear him.

When she didn't answer he moved around front taking in her pale skin. She seethed hissing at him despite her powerless position. He smiled again his black teeth flashing before pressing the metal back to her skin, melting her beauty.

Her hand shook as she kept it from drifting to her aching scars concealed by the red dress. One more song she reminded herself. One more and then it's back to business.

^^^^^^^^^

"Sounds like you had a heart there for a second." A strong male voice said with a bit of a laugh.

"I will once I cut yours out." There was a pause of tension. Links head hurt too much to decipher what the strangers were saying but he didn't have much of a choice to listen. "Unless of course, you want to keep your mouth closed."  The sharpness in the tone cut through the fog in his head, and he realized Aroura was the threatener.

"I was just commenting on your protectiveness over this one."  The man said in a gruff voice.

"And I was threatening you over it." Aroura said.

Immediately regret raced through his mind, searing the hope and misplaced trust he had in her. He didn't want to admit this failure, or how Jade was right. Least of all how Jade was right. But if she truly had betrayed him then he had already failed. But if he lost all hope in her and she hasn't betrayed them- then he has lost faith in the woman that he- "So you won't mind if I take a few of Sparky's fingers over here." Links breath caught as there was a moment of silence.

"You want his help? I would suggest not." She said- there was a bite. He wondered if they could recognize it the way he could. How her voice wobbled on the border of desperation and nervousness, but if you know Aurora you know desperation is anger. Pure and undying. The wobble was all he needed to know this- this was entirely planned.

Another thing nipped at his mind- help. They needed his help. And from the breathing around him, they needed the others help.

"I want my pay." Aurora snapped. "I brought them in." 

From the way a body next to him tensed he could tell he wasn't the only one awake. Slightly he moved his fingers, just brushing the hand near him. The smoothness of the skin tipped off Barry was on his left, to his right, he twitched his shoulder. The small frame and powerful build lent itself to Jade who was as tense as a rock. They were tied down to a post, meaning Roys back was to his. They had failed to put bags over their heads, stupid, but it gave him an opportunity so he couldn't complain the way Jade would have liked him too.

Link opened his eye ever so slightly just observing the two standing over him. Aurora had her arms crossed, the majority of her weight resided in her right foot, flaring her left hip out. Link focused on these things to ignore the dress she wore. It was the same one from the stage, meaning hopefully they hadn't been out for all that long. The dress itself was not the problem. It was his failure to look away on his realization that she stood in front of him as a defense- a defense that was so close, that his skin sizzled, electricity mirroring what would have been his excitement had he not been in a basement with other people. He could live with being tied down. This defense was so close that she blocked the light that should have been in his eyes.

When the man in front of her took a step closer she back up- panic raced through link as did his electricity. The blue lightning clawed out of links skin attaching to the metal post he was bound to so tightly. He grimaced as the others stayed quiet even as they were shocked. They're bodies jerking against the bonds.

"Careful." The man teased. "It almost seems like you're trying to get your pay before it has been earned. Unless you want to be thrown in the streets like a gutter rat I would suggest-" Light blinded Link as Aurora slammed the man into the opposite wall. The temperature dropped like Jade after too much sugar.

"Do not forget who I am. I run the streets. Cats play with mice. But I do not play with mice I eat them." The utter violence laced through her words set his skin on fire contrasting the extreme chill that oozed from her like poison gas. He watched her lean in close to the man whispering, "But a rat. I do not like rats. I do not bother with rats." Then the fire under his skin sizzled out just as fast as it came as she'd continued "That is his job." Only ashes remain as she brought HIM into this. Because she could. Link had taken her in and because of his kindness, no one knew she was no longer associated with him. They didn't know that he had betrayed her. That he would no longer care what happened to her. The Irony that she kept it hidden. They had no clue the queen had toppled from her throne.

As one does when pushed by her King.

There were three things Link had failed to notice. One was that Barry's nails were dug so deep into his skin he was going to tear flesh out. Two his electricity had been running rampant through the post most likely burning the others. Three was that a growl so deep from his stomach was being bellowed through the small damp room they were in, drawing the attention of their captors.

The two turned to them. Aurora smiled.

"Care to join us for dinner?" She said motioning to a table full of food.

Jade, Link is pretty sure- barked.