Memories

I lay on my bed, my back throbbing in pain. I have meat on it to cool the burning pain. Heat radiates from my back. I won't have to slave for a few days. That's the only upside to getting beaten. I fall asleep dreaming of my mother.

"Mommy!' I giggle as she blows on my tummy.

"I'm the tickle monster!" She laughs, chasing after me. I run from her, running out of the house to the maze garden. I run to the wolf fountain. Giggling I hide behind it. I hear her soft footsteps on the ground.

"Where could my handsome little boy be?" I hear laughter in her voice. I giggle softly.

She jumps jn front of me suddenly, making me scream. She takes me into her arms and tickles me.

"Please mommy! Stop!"  I scream in between bouts of laughter.

She stops smiling down at me. "I guess I will... for now."

My dream surroundings turn into my room. I'm shaking as my nightmare starts again. I get up, my feet slapping against the cold stone floor when I run into my parents room. I jump onto the bed, waking mommy. I hide my face in her chest and cry.

"Why is my little brave boy crying?' Mommy asks gently.

"Nightmare." I whimper, snuggling up to her. "Can I sleep with you?"

"Of course, darling. I need someone to take the bad dreams away." She lays down with me in her arms, snuggled in her chest. I fall asleep in my mommy's arms.

I wake up with a start and rub my eyes, not wanting to remember the painful memories anymore. My back feels better. Sitting up, I take the meat off my back. The skin on my back has healed over, but the scars remain.

I change and grab my sketchbook and pencil. Then, I walk down my tower to the woods, through the woods and to my cave. The forest ground is covered in leaves of gorgeous shades of red, yellow, and orange. I get to my cave and go to the back of it. Sitting on the hole filled, moth eaten blanket, I open my sketchbook to a new page.

I begin to draw. My pencil glides across the page. Swirls, lines, a picture forms under my fingers. For hours, I draw on one page. When the sun finally sets, I look at my picture.

It is of mommy. It looks just like her, like the perfect picture. The pain of the memories come back to me. It's too much. I slam shut my sketchbook, not wanting to see it anymore.

This was our favourite spot. Mommy found it a month before she died. We would come here everyday and draw. I miss her. It seems like I've been thinking of her more these last few days. I love every precious memory of her. She was my mommy, my best friend. There wasn't a day that I wasn't with her.

Gosh, how I miss her so much.

《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》

Please comment and vote. Tell me what you think

***