Chapter Three | Payback

It had been two weeks since I had lost my home. Not my house, but the café and I wasn't going good. I had gotten home sick last week from being away from the café and sometimes I'd walk past Jacksons', just to feel the same air I had felt not so long ago. I got angry easily and I felt so sad.

Plus, my head had been in a maze in the first few days of being jobless. I had nothing to do but clean around the house and although the money I had recieved from Cullen Corp was good, I've refused to use it. When it had arrived in the mail the day after I had lost everything, I was beyond furious, I almost ripped the envelope with the check into shreds. I didn't want their money, even if a tiny eensy-weensy bit of it was mine. I didn't want their money, nor did I need it. Not theirs, not his.

After my preposition, I still hadn't recieved anything from him or them. Cullen Corp wanted nothing to do with a simple baker and I understood, they were a big multi-billion dollar corporation with hundreds of thousands of heads working for them, hundreds of thousands of heads thinking for them, hundreds of thousands of heads moving for them, and hundreds of thousands of families.

"A damn country if you ask me." I scoffed as I sat on my porch that faced the ocean. But still, new heads bring damn good ideas and I already knew this man misunderstood me and took me for granted. I had seen it in his eyes and with the way he spoke to me. He thought so lowly of me.

Well I guess it'll be fun messing with the heads of those who didn't really know me.

What was I thinking? I would never go back to them.

All the owners of the shops on the beach had come together at my house two days ago to discuss what had gone wrong. Like I, they had also never had any intention of giving up their life, even for the money. We understood each other, us, the shop owners. If it wasn't for that damn Terrance. Mr Boyle who owned the beach culture shop had said he had already made a complaint to the city council but everything was legal. We had sat for a while, until finally I had remembered to tell them about my plan and the compromise. Everyone thought it was genius, but how would I get in? Mrs Fanner and Mr Kearny knew some people who could help me get in. I was representing the beach owners. It touched my heart to know we were on the same page. But the task at hand was difficult.

Of course, this was the Cullens we were dealing with.

Ah yes, now I should introduce the Cullens'.

The Cullen family happens to be one of the wealthiest families in the world. I should let that settle in, and yes, you heard me, the world. Everyone knew of them. If it wasn't of the magnificent Sebastian Cullen, then it would be of his internationally famous soccer-playing cousin brother Corey Cullen, and if it wasn't of his cousin brother, then it would be of his gorgeous supermodel cousin Amelia Cullen or his fashion designing cousin Isabella Cullen. The entire family were famous, vastly wealthy and considered one of the most powerful families in the world. They showered in money, walked on money and were worth more than money.

Which was why I never wanted to be near them. Of course I didn't have anything against them as people, but it was the money that rot a lot of minds. And yet generally, I loved people, just the ones with good hearts.

I poked the last final macaroni piece in the bowl. I had finished everything but this last one and my mind was stuck somewhere in the past, but present as well I guess.

The money would be grand to most but I considered the value of one's integrity.

I felt. Absolutely miserable. But I couldn't bring myself to cry. Yet again, I was stuck in a situation were I couldn't even cry because I felt sorry for myself and my friends.