"I honestly couldn't care any less about you or what happened to you," I told her coldly and turned away from her.

"That's the biggest lie I've ever heard. Why are you here then?" her voice was one of my weaknesses, I realized then and got angry at that fact.

"Because you called for me. I was minding my business and then I heard your annoying voice begging for help. I'm not here because I care about you!" I practically barked in her direction. I didn't even think I was angry with Mira anymore. I was angry with myself for feeling sorry for a human.

"That doesn't even make any sense."

It didn't but I didn't bother letting her know that she was right. I kept my back to her and walked towards the window in the hospital room. I heard her friends before I saw them. They were always so loud and irritating. I couldn't understand how she kept company with such lowly humans.

"Mira, you're awake," the girl noticed her first and then the guy called for the doctor to check on her.

"I am, how long have I been out?" Mira asked curiously.

"A week. We almost lost you Mira. You stopped breathing for a few seconds," her friend brushed her hair away from her face. Okay, so maybe she actually cared about Mira. I guess she wasn't so bad. Brownie points to her.

"What?" Mira sounded frightened now.

"I swear you need to give me the link to your guardian angel because you rise above the craziest shit ever," the girl was trying to make light of the situation.

I could feel Mira's eyes on me now but I refused to turn around. I wasn't her guardian angel. I wasn't even an angel. I was a fallen and I needed to remember that. Just like how she needed to remember that I wasn't a saint. Mira needed to stop looking up to me. My hands gripped the window sill tightly as I forced myself to stare outside at nothing and yet somehow everything outside of this dreadful room.

"No way, he's mine only," Mira was possibly the only person who would find a way to be seductive in a hospital gown with a dry throat. My eyes met hers at that and I found her wearing a self-satisfied grin.

"Why would you think he's a he?" her friend teased.

"Because I know he is," she held my stare, "He's tall and sexy, has that kind of brooding charm and don't get me started on his eyes, he has that kind of intense stare that makes a girl wanna drop-"

"Hey, I see you're awake."

I was never more grateful for the doctor because Mira really liked to push buttons and I had no energy to stop her today. I stood by as he ran the necessary tests and asked her several questions to check her memory, before announcing that she was okay and could go home when she was ready.

"Mira babe, I really wish I could stay with you because I don't think you should be home by yourself, but I have to fly out tonight for work," the girl explained to her as she packed Mira's bags.

"I'll stay with you Mira. I can take two days off and take care of you," the pathetic male friend brushed his hand against her cheek. It didn't stay long because soon he pulled it back complaining about something biting him. Mira glared at me and I shrugged.

Like I would let him stay with Mira. He couldn't even bare the little pain I caused him.

"Guys I'm fine. You heard the doctor. I'm okay and I really do feel good. I don't need anybody watching me. I can take care of myself. I promise the minute I feel anything weird I'll call one of you," Mira assured them and her friend seemed happy with that but the guy looked disappointed.

I didn't like him. Not one bit.

If that wasn't obvious.

Not now.

I stood back and watched as they helped Mira to collect her things before carrying her home. Her guy friend tried once more to convince her to let him stay over, at which she declined again, convincing him that she would be okay. He was honestly doing too much.

When they finally left her alone, I left my position on the porch to push by her and entered her house uninvited. If Mira was surprised, she didn't show it. In fact, her chuckle was the only response I got that made me aware that she had followed me inside.

"And you want me to believe you're so unbothered," this time she was the one to push past me. I immediately followed her.

"What's that so supposed to mean?"

"Why are you still here?" she stopped abruptly causing me to crash into her back but before she could stumble, I gripped her waist and pulled her to me. And for the first time since I met Mira, she was at a loss for words. I spun her around slowly so that she now faced me and every breath she took bounced off my face. Our eyes met and I held her intense stare which would have had me under her spell if I didn't catch myself quickly and shake it off.

"I'm here to make sure you're fine," I told her simply as I released her.

"Well as you can see, I am," her voice was raspy and I looked her over, head to toe, slowly. Sure, she looked fine but that didn't necessarily mean everything was okay with her. And until I was sure that she was healthy, I would be staying.

"From what I can see, sure, but looks can be deceiving," I didn't even bother to try hiding the double meaning behind my statement.

"Are you worried, Luci?" she chose to ignore my words and push up against me instead, one of her usual tricks that I was slowly getting used to.

"What did you just call me?" I froze, hoping I had misheard her.

"Luci," she was brave enough to repeat it, and that both worried and impressed me.

"No."

"Don't like it?" she teased with a satisfied grin.

"Fuck no," I scowled.

"Good. Now lets test out your kitchen skills Luci," she brushed by me and headed for the kitchen.

And she didn't have to pull me for me to follow.