If he was honest, he liked the almost desperate scenting the bunny was subjecting him too. He hadn't realised how much he missed the warmth of another body against his, the feel of a soft cheek pressed to his own; much like the way you didn't realise how thirsty you were until you experienced the satisfaction of the first cool swallow of water slipping down your throat. Without much thought, he brought his hand up, delving his long, elegant fingers into Jeongguk's glossy dark hair. The habitual hair washing sessions had made the actions comforting and familiar for both of them. He let himself enjoy the way the silky tresses slipped through his fingers, let his neatly trimmed nails scrape lightly across the clean scalp and when his palms slipped over the velvety soft ears he didn't hesitate to stroke along them smoothly.

Eventually Jeongguk seemed satisfied and the nuzzling ceased, the boy's dark head resting heavily in the crook between Taehyung's neck and shoulder while the one of the older boy's hand absently smoothed over the bunny's back and the other played with his hair and ears.

"Better?" Tae murmured after a while and Jeongguk hummed in contentment.

It wasn't until Jeongguk's hips began rocking rhythmically against him and he felt the sharp scratching of claws accompanying the kneading motion of hands on his chest that Taehyung realised just how much better Jeongguk was feeling about the whole situation.

Clearing his throat uncomfortably, he grabbed the boy's wrists and removed them from his chest, setting him away. "Time to get up, Guk." He ordered softly.

Jeongguk made the deep grunting throat noises in protest, his feet flicking irritably against the couch. "Don't wanna." He mumbled, still rocking in Taehyung's lap. Tae felt his own body responding and closed his eyes to gather his equilibrium. He was not about to grind on his generous client's sofa with the boy she'd entrusted to his care like a pair of horny high schoolers no matter how good it felt.

"Jeongguk." His voice had the firm edge of authority that Jeongguk was becoming increasingly responsive to. "Get up and go take care of yourself in the bathroom. When you're done you can shower and we'll decide where you want to go for our weekly outing." Tae instructed, voice matter-of-fact despite the hectic heat that stained his high cheekbones betraying both his discomfort and arousal to the situation.

He saw a matching flush creep from the collar of his tee to his hairline. The boy jumped up as though scolded and fled to the bathroom in embarrassment. When he was gone, Tae shifted restlessly and willed his body into calm.

When Jeongguk re-emerged some twenty minutes later, his shoulders were hunched under the oversized white tee he wore and his eyes darted nervously. His slightly mutated hands twisted anxiously together and Tae felt a pang of sympathy for the clearly discomforted hybrid.

"You don't have to be embarrassed, bun." Taehyung assured him in his deep, lulling voice.

Jeongguk nodded jerkily, not even reacting to the cutesy pet name like he usually did. That in and of itself was deeply telling.

Taehyung unfolded himself from the sofa and crossed to the fidgeting boy. A long, slender finger tipped his chin up, waiting until the doe brown eyes met his fleetingly before skipping away again.

"It's ok." He murmured, keeping his voice low and soft, noting with satisfaction the way Jeongguk's restlessly swivelling ears pricked in his direction. "You have instincts. You're a healthy male rabbit hybrid, you're supposed to behave that way. I'd be more concerned if you didn't have urges. Ok? So don't worry about it. It's nothing for you to be ashamed of." He deliberately caught and held the other's gaze, giving him the soft, half smile that radiated calm reassurance. When Jeongguk nodded again, slower this time, his chest rising and falling deeply, he let his fingers trail across the boy's soft cheek fondly before letting his hand drop.

"Now, what would you like to do tonight? Go out? Stay in?" He lifted his hands, palms up raising and lowering them in a scale-like fashion.

"Out?" Jeongguk responded, more question than answer.

"Movie? Meal? Aquarium?" He deliberately invited Jeongguk's scoffing scorn with the last suggestion, knowing the mocking superiority he would undoubtedly receive would help the boy mask his embarrassment.

Jeongguk rolled his eyes, some of the tension leaving his shoulders as he found himself once again on familiar ground. "Jeez, hyung, What's with you and aquariums?"

"Hey!" Tae shot back in exaggerated indignation. "I like seahorses, ok? They're cute."

"Whatever. Let's go get something to eat. I'm hungry."

"Panda Express?" Taehyung suggested with a bright, hopeful smile.

Jeongguk groaned. "We went there last time and the time before that."

"So?"

"Ugh, fine."

"Yay!" Tae rejoiced, flashing his trademark rectangular smile at the younger who's lips twitched in return.

They were just about to walk out the front door when Taehyung stopped dead in his tracks and gripped Jeongguk's forearm tightly, startling the bunny hybrid. "Oh!"

"What?" Guk looked around in alarm, his ears perked and his nose lifted to scent the air, his prey instincts kicking in.

"I almost forgot, I got you a present." 

"Hyung." Jeongguk whined in exasperation. "I thought something was wrong."

"Sorry, Guk, didn't mean to scare you."

"Wasn't scared." Jeongguk immediately denied.

Taehyung rummaged around in his backpack for a minute then pulled out the hybrid toy triumphantly.

"You got me a stick." Guk said slowly.

"Yes."

"How many times do I have to tell you I'm not a dog?" His tone was peeved.

"It's not for dogs, silly bunny. It's for hybrids, rabbit hybrids to be exact. It's supposed to give you a healthy outlet for your gnawing instinct."

"You bought me a stick... to chew on."

"Oh, don't get uppity with me, Jeongguk." Taehyung chided. "And stop denying your instincts, it's part of the reason you're so miserable. And why you have such difficulty controlling them."

"Oh? Are you some kind of expert now?" Jeongguk mocked and Taehyung blew out an exasperated breath.

"No, I'm not." He answered patiently. "But I know enough to know that your teeth are getting too long. If you feel self conscious about it, you can chew it in private, but use it, Jeongguk or it'll be a date with a hybridologist and a grinder, instead. Your choice." When it came to Jeongguk's well being, Taehyung became intractable, something which the hybrid found endearing and irritating in equal measure.

"Fine." He snapped ungratefully, plucking the still plastic encased stick from Tae's hands.

"That's my good boy." Tae beamed, patting Guk's cheek.

"Hyung..." He grated out in warning.

"Oh hush." He admonished gently. "I just got you a yummy, strawberry flavoured stick and I'm about to buy you dinner. You can indulge me a little."

"Whatever." Jeongguk gave his patent eye roll and shrugged on a wind breaker. "Let's just go."

A/N So many updates! I'm really enjoying the dynamic of these two.

What do you think so far? I know Jeongguk is a bit of an ungrateful jerk but next chapter will be from his POV so maybe that will give some insight into why he's such a berk.

Remember to vote, lovelies.

I purple you!