01

Alluring music is heard from a bedroom in the somewhat barren household. For such a light, quiet noise, the true music playing behind the door is quite upbeat and rock. The young aspiring DJ Beca Mitchell can be seen, headphones draped around her neck, fiddling her long thimble fingers with the soundboard and cheap DJ set-up in the corner of her room; this being one of the only items being set up in her room. Other than that, her mattress is placed on the floor with unmade blankets and her bedsheet popping off from the corners. The brunette is wearing lazily applied yet very well-done eyeliner that made her eyes somehow pop. She nods her head along with the song that is playing from her headphones, only to be interrupted by a knock on her door. 

"Hey sweetie, how do I look?" Beca blinks, giving her father a confused look
"Why are you wearing a three-piece suit? You got a job at a high school not the White House." Her dad dismissively waves his hand at her, adjusting his tie
"Come on, let's go. Can't make a bad first impression for principal." Beca groans, reluctantly removing her headset around her neck

Her father smiles at her, leaving the room. It's 6:45 in the morning, a time where it nearly seemed impossible for Beca to wake up at. She wasn't quite sure if it was first day jitters or simply her circadian rhythm. Not only was it a first day for Beca, but for her dad as well. He received a position at a nearby high school as principal. Hearing this news upset her, causing her to shortly shut herself out from her father for days. Although Beca had not enjoyed her time at her previous school, it still hurt to leave. Being a teenager made it worse due to all the excess hormones that the brain produces during puberty. Leaving New York behind immensely pains her, somehow missing the clamorous noises that came from below her old apartment from the traffic and Times Square. She wasn't one for change, but she knows that eventually change has to happen, whether she likes it or not. 
Beca adjusts her hair, running her hand near the top, pushing it back. She finishes changing into an outfit which seems decent enough for her first day. Although Beca didn't care much for making a good first impression, she cared about looking presentable enough for the world. She grabs her backpack and heads downstairs where her father is practicing his "principal voice."

"Dad, just talk how you normally do." He raises an eyebrow at that
"Okay! I'll talk like this!" Beca holds back a laughter at the high falsetto Mickey Mouse voice her dad made, rolling her eyes at it
He chuckles and pats Beca on her back. "You ready for today Beca Bear."
"One, I told you to stop calling me that and two... I don't know." Her dad gives her a reassuring grin, knowing that Beca doesn't have the best of socializing abilities. 
"Well, we'll see how it goes for the both of us."

Beca and her dad walk out of the blue suburban house that they have recently moved into. Beca pulls the passenger side door open, closing it behind her. She runs her hands through her hair once more and sighs.

--

Her dad pulls into a reserved spot in the faculty parking lot, carefully aligning his white Prius with the parking lines that seem to be fading. Mr. Mitchell removes the key from the engine and claps his hands together.

"Let's do this Becs." Beca looks at him, giving him a half-hearted smile
"Let's do this... okay I somewhat regret saying that." Her dad cocks an eyebrow up
"Somewhat? So there is a part of you that likes saying that." Beca playfully pushes her father's shoulder, exiting out of the car

She walks towards the back entrance of what seemed like a big high school, fiddling with the straps of her backpack with her father walking behind her. The minute her hands press the door of the school open, she immediately feels dozens of eyes pierce through her, feeling as if they were leaving holes of where they stared. Beca nervously plays with her hands, pressing hard against each finger individually whilst also cracking her knuckles. The intense pressing on her fingers causes a slight second of her skin becoming paler than it already is as she attempts to avoid eye contact with her fellow peers. The short walk through the halls of the school to the Main Office lasted for what seems like a decade, the hallway somehow getting longer as the office came closer and closer. Her father nudges Beca, causing her to jump a little bit. He leans down to his daughter.