Twenty Six: Consequences

Pandora watched the fireworks in awe as they spread across the sky

Pandora watched the fireworks in awe as they spread across the sky. She felt a hand on her shoulder as she looked up to see her mother.

"Momma?" Pandora asked, frowning. "I thought you were going on a trip for six months? Why are you back early?"

"Pandora darlin' look how much you've grown." Wendy gushed as she spun Pandora in her dress, though she didn't answer her question. When Pandora met her gaze, her eyes were sad and Pandora didn't like it.

"Momma, are you okay?" Pandora asked.

"I am darlin'." Wendy assured, nodding. "It's just you've grown so much and I missed it all."

"No you didn't." Pandora said. "I'm not all grown yet. We still have time."

"I just don't know how much time I will be able to spend with you." Wendy said. "With all of my tours and reporting and traveling. And your school and going on adventures."

Pandora's smile faltered, raising an eyebrow at her mother who had her arms crossed in front of her chest.

"Talia caved." Peter said from behind her. "She's never been the best at keeping secrets."

Talia waved at her meekly, pushing a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"Are you alright Pandora?" Wendy said, cupping her face in her hands and examining her. "That boy didn't hurt you did he?"

"He um kind of stabbed me?" Pandora said, pointing the bandage that covered her side which was visible.

"Oh my it could get infected." Wendy said. "We need to take you to the nurse."

"No Aunt Wendy." Talia said. "It's already been taken care of. Some uh girl helped us and cleaned it for her."

"That's good." Peter nodded. "Who was the girl?"

Pandora and Talia shared a look and he took the hint.

"His sister helped you didn't she?" Peter said. "Was it the older one or the younger one?"

"The older one was the one who captured them." Wendy said. "So it's obviously the younger one. She always seemed different."

"Wait how do you two know who they are?" Pandora asked accusingly, it was her turn to cross her arms over her chest.

"I did a story on all of the people of the Isle." Wendy said. "Not that anyone was interested but it was fun. Adventurous."

"Magically." Peter supplied. "But you know that already don't you? That's how you got there. How did you get out?"

"Magically." Pandora said, not wanting to give him the information that CJ and Sam had helped her. It was kind of embarrassing though she didn't know why. They were her enemies. Yet they were helping her. She still couldn't wrap her head around it.

"Well you're not doing it again." Wendy said. "That goes for both of you."

"Oh trust me," said Talia. "We're not going to go adventuring anytime soon. Right Pandora?"

"Huh? Yeah." said Pandora. "We'll go adventuring in Auradon and stay as far away from the Isle as possible. Follow our dreams here whatever they are. Though I'm not sure if they'll come true."

"Dreams do come true, if only we wish hard enough." Peter said. "You can have anything in life if you will sacrifice everything else for it."

Pandora and Talia stared at him blankly.

"He means you're dreams will come true," Wendy said. "You just have to be willing to wait."

"Totally what I was saying." Peter nodded, sending a knowing smile to Pandora. She knew that he didn't mean that they'd have to stay from the Isle forever. He just couldn't disagree with Wendy to her face.

"Remember dearie." Wendy said. "Think happy thoughts. That's how all wishes come true."

"Think happy thoughts." Pandora repeated. "Got it. Thanks Momma, Dad."

Peter stopped in his tracks.

"Did you just call me—?"

"I did." Pandora said. "It's been a while since I did."

"It has." Peter said. "What are you two waiting for? Go and join party."

Pandora took Talia's hand as they disappeared into the crowd, as Pandora gushed to Talia about her newest crush who wasn't the pirate she'd met on the Isle. No she hated Harry as much as he hated her. She was in love with Leo Shang, though Talia wasn't sure how long that would last.

⇀✫✮✫↼

Harriet seethed as she watched the TV, tossing a bottle at it and watching it shatter. She glanced at CJ who was being restrained by Sammy, forcing her to watch the footage of Pandora and Talia and Maddie celebrating as if they weren't in mortal danger. CJ tried to shake out Sammy's grip to no avail, sighing in frustration.

Harriet tutted under her breath, walking toward her. They hadn't spoken much after the escape of Pandora. No, Harriet had decided to vent her anger out at the TV screen before she let it out on CJ.

It would be less anger wouldn't it? CJ had been wrong.

"CJ. CJ. CJ." Harriet said as she circled around her blonde sister. "What have you done? Did you think that you would get away with this?"

"It wasn't just me." CJ said. "Sam helped me."

"Because you told her to." Harriet said. "Sam's a helpful person no matter the cause. You just have to give her good reasoning. Make her see your way."

"What are you going to do to her?" CJ asked, fearing for her friend.

"Just teach her the right way." Harriet said. "My way. It won't be too hard. She'll come back. She always does."

"What are you going to do to me?" CJ asked as Harriet smiled coyly.

"Oh that's a surprise." Harriet said with a malicious grin.

"You have to realize Calista Jane that actions come with consequences." Yzla said as CJ grit her teeth.

"And for you they are severe." Murphy said with a grin.

"Dreams don't come true CJ." Sammy said. "Don't let the little Pan get in your head."

"Think wretched thoughts." Harriet said with a cackle. "Your dreams won't come true and neither will hers or the little fairy. Mark my words Calista Jane. I won't rest until they get what they deserve. And this time you won't be able to save them."

THE END