Fifteen: The Isle of the Lost

"Good

"Good." Talia said. "I wasn't going to take the other answer."

Pandora rolled her eyes at her blonde haired friend who shrugged. They walked toward the librarian's desk so they could check out the book. The librarian was Queen Belle, well she was soon to be former queen but it still felt weird to just call her Belle like she'd instructed them to.

"Hi Queen Belle." Pandora said as she placed the book on the counter.

"Hello Pandora." Belle said. "Long time no see. I'm glad to see you having interest in the library again. We don't get as many visitors as we used to."

"I'm sorry to hear that." Pandora said, as she watched Belle look over the book cover hoping she wouldn't question her choices.

"." Belle said. "Have you always had a fascination of Pixie dust or is this a fad?"

"I always have." Pandora said. "It's been apart of my family tradition to use it for years. I wanted to learn more about it you know. Since I'm not able to use it as much anymore."

"Oh yes." Belle said. "Adam has no tolerance of magic use whatsoever while Fairy Godmother lets it slide every now and then."

"How do you feel about it?" Talia asked as Belle frowned. "About the no magic rule I mean."

"It's helped us a whole lot." Belle said. "It shows the Isle residents that even if they're not allowed to use magic because they...can't. We won't use it even if we have the means to do so."

"You think it makes it fair to both of us then?" Pandora asked as Belle nodded.

"I suppose it does Pandora." Belle said. "I've never gave it much thought before."

"We all forgot about the Isle and its existence before Ben's proclamation." Pandora agreed.

"I'm sure the change is for the better." Belle said. "It's been the same for twenty years now. A little change won't hurt."

"So you support Ben's decree?" Talia asked.

"Why of course." Belle said. "He's my son. Of course I support him. Even if others might not see it the way he does. Ben has a good heart. In the end it always leads him to the right place."

"He does, doesn't he?" Pandora asked.

"He's one of the kindest people I've ever met." Talia agreed. "But other people aren't like him."

Belle chuckled.

"I think I know who you're talking about." Belle said. "But everyone sees things differently. What matters most is that we respect each others opinions even if we might not see it that way. We respect each other no matter what."

"I like that." Talia said. "You're very inspirational Queen Belle I strive to be like you one day."

"That's so sweet Talia." Belle said, placing a hand over her heart. "I"m so glad I helped and influenced you to be the best you can be. That was always my main goal. Thank you."

"No thank you." Talia said with a smile.

"Well I hope you girls have a good day." Belle said, beaming at the two girls. "See you at the Coronation on Friday."

"Oh wow that's two days away." Talia said. "We'll be there."

"Thanks Queen Belle." Pandora called as the two waved at her and walked out of the library.

Talia and Pandora giggled, walking toward their next class and waiting for it to all end so they could get their plan in action.

The day couldn't have gone any slower, thought Pandora.

It seemed like ages ago when she'd been at the library with Talia, now she was in her final class of the day, Mathematics and struggling to pay attention with the pent up excitement.

She propped her head on her hand, watching the teacher drone on and on about how to solve for x. Pandora was struggling in this class as is but with her new distraction, she was losing focus more quickly. She went through the class without getting called on by the teacher which she much appreciated.

Pandora skipped out of the classroom when the bell rang, finding herself rushing to get to her dorm through the crowd of students.

"Pandora!" she heard someone call from behind her.

Pandora sighed, turning to face behind her and walking toward the person who had called her name, Annalina, the daughter of Anna and Kristoff.

Annalina beamed at her, giving her a quick hug,

"Hi Pandora." Annalina said.

"Hi Anna." Pandora said. "What's up?"

"Oh nothing much really."Annalina said, waving her hand dismissively. "I just haven't seen you in forever."

"I know." Pandora said with a frown. "I don't know how that happened. Good to see you."

Pandora backed away a step before it seemed that hadn't been all Annalina needed to get off her chest.

"Whatcha looking at Annalina?" Pandora said, snapping her fingers in Annalina's face. Annalina blinked, turning her attention back to Pandora,

"Nothing." Annalina said as Pandora turned to crane her neck. "No don't look."

"Why not?" Pandora asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Just don't please." Annalina said.

"Fine." Pandora said. "I won't look back."

"He's walking past us." Annalina whispered in Pandora's ear. "What do I do?"

"Act like a normal person." Pandora said.

"I don't think I can do that." Annalina said.

"Your loss." Pandora said as Gino, the son of Rapunzel and Eugene walked past them without looking back. Once he was out of sight, Pandora whispered to Annalina, "Oh my gosh! Annalina has a crush."

"You sound worse than Elisa." Annalina said. "Please don't tell him."

"I won't." Pandora said. "That's your job."

Pandora skipped to her dorm where Talia waited with their newly concocted purple pixie dust. They placed a note on their door, saying they were not to be disturbed and let themselves be whisked through the enchanted mirror, and toward the Isle.

Pandora's boots crunched on the rocky terrain, as she turned to Talia.

"Welcome to the Isle of the Lost."