Twenty Four: Family Day

Start from the beginning

"Remember his proclamation to give the next-generation a chance?" Maddie reminded softly.

"A chance for what Maddie?" Leah said in utter distress. "Destroy us? You remember, don't you? The poison apples?" Crystal grinned triumphantly at the mention of the apples. "My daughter was raised by fairies because of your mother's curse. Her first words, her first steps, I missed it all!" She yelled at Mal before turning around to look at Fairy Godmother.

"You must not trust them."

"I'm so so-" Mal was trying to apologize for any pain she didn't even cause, but she was pushed away by Chad.

"Go away! Stay away from her!"

"Chad!" Maddie scolded.

"Don't do this Chad!" Ben said.

"What? They were raised by their parents, what do you think villains teach their kids kindness? Fair play? No way. Okay. Uh-uh," Chad looked at Mal. "You stole another girl's boyfriend!" Mal looked down before stepping away from Ben and Maddie.

Chad looked at Jay next.

"You enjoy to hurt people!"

Then he looked Evie.

"You're a gold digger and a cheater."

It was silent before Evie took her mirror out and asked it who the biggest jerk in the land is. The mirror showed Chad's face.

Chad pushed Evie's hand away making Evie stumble. Jay grabbed Chad by his shirt pushing him away. Evie had taken her perfume bottle out and sprayed Chad, making him faint.

The five VKs ran off to get away from everyone.

Once Chad woke up he was greeted by a punch in the face that was given by Crystal. Snow White who condone violence, smiled at her daughter, leading her away from the chaos. Chad fell to the ground once again. Audrey let out a tiny scream as she helped her boyfriend up once again. "It isn't their fault!" Ben said to his parents.

"No son... it's yours." King Adam blamed before walking away with his wife in hand.

"These people are so full of drama:" Maddie whispered to Ally. "This seems too orchestrated."

"It does, doesn't it?" Ally said. "But I guess that's what you get when you're a real person surrounded by a fake world."

⇀✫✮✫↼

The five VKs sat at a table together away from Audrey and Chad's group, Maddie and Crystal had joined them though it didn't change their mood.

Ben walked over to them, where he'd been all this time wasn't clear but it didn't matter anyway.

"Hey, guys. How is everyone?" Ben asked.

He received no reply.

"Yeah? Hey, listen. Forget about it. All right? It was nothing. Forget about it. Let it go. Tomorrow, after the coronation, I promise everything will be okay." Ben leaned down to talk to Mal. "I have to go. I'll see you guys later."

With that Ben walked away.

Doug walked over, looking at Evie.

"Listen, Evie, I wanna talk about earlier today. I just..."

"Doug!" Chad called.

"It's my fault, Doug. I'm sorry." Evie apologized.

"No, It's mine."

"Doug! What?" Chad called again.

Doug looked between Chad and Evie, backed up slowly towards Chad and his other group of friends.