Book 1 ~ Chapter 27

Start from the beginning

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
LEIs POV

I was being blood bended by Tarlock. He took me out of the back of his Sato Mobile. I didn't know where exactly we were but I knew we were somewhere really cold. The temperature was so low, making it impossible for me to use fire bending right now. He took me down the basement, and threw me into a wall. I groaned as I hit the ground.

"My life is a total disaster, thanks to you," Tarlock said.

"So? You're little blood bending secret came out?" I heard Korra's voice.

"Korra?" I said weakly. I couldn't move as much, but I saw a metal box right in front of me.

"Lei? Are you alright?" Korra asked worriedly. I coughed.

"She'll be just fine," Tarlock smirked, I glared at him, as I laid on the ground.

"I know why you're doing this and how you can blood bend without a full moon, you're Yakone's son," Korra said.

Who is Yakone?

"I was his son, but in order to win Republic City, I had to become someone else. My father failed because he tried to rule Republic City from its rotten under belly. My plan was perfect. I was supposed to be the City's savior. But you ruined everything, and all of your friends," Tarlock spat.

He lifted me from the ground using his blood bending, and tied my hands up in chains behind my back in the corner.

"The jig is up, Tarlock, let us go, because you have nowhere to go," Korra said.

"Oh no, I'm going to start a new life. And you, and your little princess friend are coming as my hostage," Tarlock said, before going up the stairs.

"You'll never get away with this!" Korra shouted, while banging on the box she was being held in.

"Amon," I heard Tarlock say from the top of the stairs.

I widened my eyes. I needed to get Korra out of here immediately. I lashed out trying to break free from the chains.

"It is time for you to be equalized," Amon said.

"You fool, you have never faced bending like mine," Tarlock said.

I heard a few equalists squirm. It seemed he was blood bending them. It was quiet for a while, until I heard Tarlock's voice again.

"W-who are you?" Tarlock said, he sounded scared.

"I am the solution," Amon said.

Suddenly, I heard Tarlock scream and a thud from the top of the stairs. I tried to break free from the chains, but it was no use.

"I'll take care of him, you get the Avatar and the fire princess, don't underestimate them. Electrocute the princess and the box before you open it," Amon ordered.

Then, I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. In the room, there were four equalists. The head equalist and two others stood in front of the box, while the fourth one stood in front of me with his glove.

"It's payback time," the head equalist said, before electrocuting the box.

I heard Korra's screams, and soon, I heard my own when the equalist in front of me electrocuted me as well. I did my best to resist it, and control it. After a few moments, I was weak, but I was still awake. I closed my eyes and pretended I was knocked out. I just needed a way out if these chains and I could try to escape with Korra.

"Open the box," the head equalist ordered. And then I heard the box being opened.

"Tie her up," the head equalist said.

Suddenly, a large gast of light shot my eyes open, and I saw fire. Korra firebended the equalists, then earth bended them to knock them out. She immediately came to me, and broke the chains. She helped me stand up.

"Are you alright?" Korra asked.

"After being blood bended and electrocuted on the same day, I think I'll be alright," I smiled.

We bursted our way out of the house. Once we were outside, we locked eye contact with Amon. Korra immediately used the snow and turned them into spikes to block his way. Korra immediately ran, dragging me along with her. She was scared, I could tell. We stopped running when we met a steep hill. We were surrounded by Amon and his equalists. I made a tall fire wall separating us from them.

"Korra, go, I'll hold them off," I said weakly.

"No, I'm not leaving without you, you're hurt badly," Korra said.

My fire was getting weaker because of the very low temperature and I saw Amon walk through the small fire, making his way to us slowly. I couldn't let Korra's bending be taken away. I looked at her one last time.

"I'm sorry, Korra," I said softly, before pushing her down the hill. At least she'll be safer away from Amon.

I turn to Amon, who was getting closer to me. I threw blazing rings at him as fast as I could, and I could feel the heat burning inside of me. Unfortunately, he easily dodged the rings and grabbed my arm and put it behind my back. He kicked my shin, making me fall to my knees. He held my head up, and I knew what was coming next. He placed his finger on my forehead and my eyes shot open wider. I could feel the heat burning inside of me, become colder and colder until there was nothing left. He let go of me, and I fell on the soft snow. I felt a tear fall from my eyes.

"Get her in the van," Amon said, as they picked me up and threw me into the van next to Tarlock.

Korra was safe, and that was all that mattered, I thought as I closed my eyes

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
MAKOs POV

We have been searching for Korra and Lei for a few hours and we still had nothing. We searched through the city's alleys and roads, and still nothing. We were still flying on Oogie, and I heard a familiar sound.

"That sounds like Naga!" I exclaimed.

Korra and Lei must be nearby. Oogie went down and stopped by Naga, who had Korra on her, but where was Lei?

"Korra!" Tenzin shouted, as he approached her.

"Where's Tarlock? How did you get away?" Lin asked.

"Give her some space!" I said, as I pushed passed them, and carried Korra.

"Wait," Korra said faintly. There were tears in her eyes.

"Lei, we need to go back, Amon has Lei," Korra said weakly, as she stood up by herself. I held her arms to support her.

"Amon has Lei?" Tenzin asked.

"She saved me, please Tenzin, we need to go back," Korra said. I was just as worried now as Korra was missing.

"By the time we go back there, Amon has already left. There's nothing we can do until we have a further lead on Amon," Lin said, Korra put her head down in despair.

"It's better if you rest, Korra, for now, to gain your strength," Tenzin said, she nodded.

I helped her get onto Oogie, and carefully made her comfortable. She smiled at me.

"I'm glad you're here," Korra smiled. I smiled back.

"We'll get Lei back, I promise," I said softly, before she closed her eyes and drifted to sleep.

Lei was captured now. I needed to get her back, and I will.

✨•~~~~~~~~•✨
AUTHORs NOTE:
This chapter was edited but nothing from the storyline has been changed.

PUBLISHED: May 15, 2019