02 [ 13 ]

☆ ☆ ☆

I retreat to Steve's room, where my bags still were. I unzip my suit slightly, I wince as I pull the sleeves off, letting it hang off my waist.

Digging around my bag, I finally found what I was looking for; a roll of kinesiology tape. I reach over my shoulder, struggling to apply the tape with my non-dominant hand when the door swings open.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't think there'd be anyone in here." Steve says, averting his eyes.

I'm suddenly well aware that the upper half of my body is bare, apart from my sports bra.

"It's fine." I shrug it off, "I was just fixing up my shoulder."

"That's not the proper treatment you should be getting." He points out.

"Well, no." I laugh, "But it'll do the trick for now."

He moves closer to me, gesturing to the tape, "Would you mind if helped? You look like you could use it."

I feel my face flush at that and I start to fumble, "O-oh, of course not. Please."

Our fingers brush as he takes the tape from me, the proximity between us and the simple contact makes my skin tingle.

I guide him on where to place the tape as he sticks it down. I could feel his fingers trailing across my skin as he did, the only thing separating us was the thin piece of tape, making me shudder.

"Are you cold?" He asks.

I gulp at the question. I didn't think it was possible, but my face heats up even more.

"A little." I lie.

"Almost done." He informs.

With a few more swipes, he's done and I quickly pull my suit up.

"Thanks." I smiled, hoping that he hasn't noticed me blushing just seconds before.

I strap my weapons back into place, bringing along several more arrows just in case and head for the door.

"Cam." Steve calls just as I reach for the doorknob, "We're going to find Natasha." He reassures.

I spin around to look at him, gazing into his eyes, that still brought me a sense of comfort.

I catch myself, tearing my gaze away from him and find myself having to remind myself again that nothing was going to happen between us.

"We have to." I say, "I'll see you on the jet, Cap."

I make my way down to the hanger and settle into the jet, starting it up before the team arrives.

I hear someone clear their throat behind me. Twisting around, I spot the Maximoff twins standing by the ramp.

"Where do we sit?" The boy asks.

I shrug, "Anywhere you'd like. Make yourselves comfortable." I answer, before returning my attention to the screen to key in the coordinates.