Alternate Ending [ 01 ]

☆ ☆ ☆

CAMILLE

I gasp as my eyes shot open. The first thing I saw was the blue Wakandan sky. Immediately, I force myself onto my feet, searching the place for Steve and Nat, or any of the team, but there was no one in sight.

Instead, in front of me I see a pile of ash starting to swirl, connecting like its pieces of a puzzle fixing itself back together. Then the rest of the debris falls to the ground, revealing Bucky who was gasping for air.

"Bucky!" I call, rushing forward to his side.

He breathes heavily, trying to catch his breath, "What happened?" He asks.

"I have no idea." I answer.

The bushes rattled and through it, emerged Sam who was dusting himself off.

Sam lets out a sigh of relief as soon as he sees us, "Thank god I found you guys. Where the hell is everyone else?"

As soon as he asks the question, gold sparks start to crackle in the space behind him and a portal opens, one that looks much like one of mine, with gold replacing the purple.

A man floats through it, a red cape attached to his back. The three of us were immediately on our feet and ready to attack when the strange man stops us.

"I am not the enemy." He says, "My name is Dr Stephen Strange." He introduces himself, well I guess I got that right.

"I fought alongside your friend against Thanos. Tony Stark?" He says.

"You know Tony?" I questioned, "Where is he?"

"Back on Earth by now." He says, "Fighting Thanos."

"Fighting Thanos?" Bucky asks, "But Thanos is here. We saw him."

"I'm afraid five years have passed since then." Strange says.

"Five years? Oh, hell no!" Sam exclaims, "You're telling me we've been gone for five years?"

"Yes, but we don't have much time. I need you to gather everyone you can find. Your team needs your help." The Doctor says.

We nod, ready to get to work before Strange stops me.

"I'd like to have a word with you if don't mind." Strange says, "Just you." He adds when the two guys stop in their tracks as well.

They glance at me, unsure, only leaving when I nod for them to go.

I turn back to the Doctor, "What is this about?"

"There's no way to put this nicely, but I've seen the future, how things would play out and it doesn't end well, not for Stark." He says, making my heart fall, "However, before I gave up the Stone, I took another glance. The future has changed. That's never happened before."

"Why are you telling me this?" I ask in confusion.

"I can't tell you exactly what happens, or it won't happen." Strange gazes at me, his eyes filled with what looked like sadness, "But I think you already know the reason why."