02 [ 04 ]

☆ ☆ ☆

We'd managed to get into the area without much complications, only having to take down a couple of Guards.

As we approached the hallway, Nat and Clint separated from the group, taking their positions on the platforms a floor above.

I could hear voices as we inched further forward and finally, we had eyes on Ultron. Standing by him were the enhanced twins the team had warned me about and in front of them, stood Klaue.

They were in the midst of a conversation, one that was quite heated from the sounds of it.

"I mean look at me, do I look like Ironman?" Ultron yelled, "Stark is nothing!"

Ultron reaches out to slice Klaue's arm right off, making me gasp at the sudden outburst.

"I'm sorry, I'm sor-Oh, I'm sure that's going to be okay. I'm sorry. It's just I don't understand. Don't compare me to Stark!" He scolds, kicking Klaue down the stairs and into the storage unit.

"It's a thing with me. Stark is-he's a sickness!" Ultron yells.

"Ah, Junior." Stark mocked, "You're going to break your old man's heart."

Ultron turns to face us, "If I have to." He replies.

"We don't have to break anything." The God of thunder interjects.

"Clearly, you've never made an omelette before." Ultron says.

"He beat me by one second." I roll my eyes at Tony's comment.

"Ah, this is funny, Mr Stark. It's what, comfortable?" The Maximoff boy spoke for the first time.

He glances at the missiles before continuing, "Like old times?" He finished, making me wonder what he had meant by that.

"This was never my life." Answered Tony.

"You can still walk away from this." Said Steve to the twins.

"Oh, we will." It was the girl who spoke this time.

"I know you've suffered-" Steve spoke, but was soon cut off by Ultron.

"Ugh! Captain America. God's righteous man, pretending you could live without a war. I can't physically throw up in my mouth, but..." Ultron trails off eyeing me as if he'd just noticed me for the first time.

"Artemis. It seems you're on the wrong side." He says, turning to the twins, "I want her."

I couldn't help but scoff, "Sorry, buddy. But that's not how things work."

"Oh?" The Robot cocks his head, "But isn't it? The Avengers have always just taken whatever they've wanted, haven't they? I think it's time I did the same. Don't you see, Artemis? Together, we can bring peace on Earth!"

"If you believe in peace, then let us keep it." Thor says before he could get another word in.

"I think you're confusing peace with quiet." Ultron replies.

"And I think you're confusing peace with world domination." I say.

Tony hums in agreement, "What's the Vibranium for?"

"I'm glad you asked that, because I wanted to take this time to explain my evil plan!"

Ultron raises his fist and suddenly, a strong force pulls Tony forward, giving Ultron's Iron Legions the perfect opportunity to attack.

I duck as Tony goes flying over my head and into the wall behind me, then back again as he launches himself at Ultron.

I get up from my spot, reaching for my arrows but was shoved back by a blue streak. I try to get to my feet again, only to be swept off them again.

I groan as I land hard on my back, "Feeling a little down?" The boy mocks, earning himself a glare.

"Asshole." I mumble in frustration.

He shrugs, before taking off again. I summon up a portal right in front of him just as he did. The speedster tries to stop, but the momentum sends him stumbling into the portal.

The portal spits him out right in front of me. I reach up to grab his arm before flipping him onto the ground.

"Not so fun now, is it?" I grunted in annoyance.

"Thor! Status?" Steve's voice sounds through my Comms.

"The girl tried to warp my mind." The God replies, "Take special care, I doubt a human could keep her at bay. Fortunately, I am mighty."

The line soon goes silent and I turn my attention back to the boy, "It seems like your sister is proving to be quite a problem as well."

I place a hand on his face, "And if you don't mind, I could use the speed."

I feel the energy rushing through my veins in an instant. He groans, the veins on his becoming prominent. However, just as I was about to release him, an image pops into my head. Not just an image-a memory and for that moment all I could feel was fear.

Just then, my vision goes red. I could feel the power trying to take control of my mind before it disappears and my vision returns.

I whirl around to see the Maximoff girl standing behind me, her eyes now purple like mine.

"How?" She mutters.

"Sorry to disappoint," I shrug, "But that mind stuff doesn't really work on me."

I look down at my hands, where the purple sparks that were crackling, were now swirled with blue. The energy thumps under my skin, waiting to be used.

I surge forward, knocking the girl off her feet.

"Natasha, I could really use a lullaby." Tony speaks through the Comms.

"Well, that's not going to happen." Clint answers instead, "Not for a while. The whole team is down. You've got no backup here."

My eyes immediately dart to the Maximoff girl, "What did you do?"

She laughs, picking herself up from the ground. "I unleashed the beast."

She uses her powers, to send me flying into the wall and rushes to her Brother, who was still too weak to move.

I sped forward, catching her hand and she struggles to free herself but soon, she falls to the ground as my powers start to take effect.

The energy hits me like a ton of bricks, she was a strong one.

As soon as I've obtained her power, I jump to my feet. Pressing down on my Comms.

"Stark, where are you?" I asked, "I think I have something that could calm him down."