"Well, no point dilly-dallying." Taehyung clapped his hands sharply before rubbing them together eagerly. He didn't miss Jeongguk's flinch at the sharp sound. Maybe the bunny wasn't as brash as he was making out?

"How do you want to start? Do you have a regular method or would you like me to give you direction?" He asked politely.

Jeongguk's expression went sour again. "Calm down. It's just cleaning, not rocket surgery." Taehyung wasn't sure if that was a play on words or a genuine mistake so decided to ignore the mixed metaphor. Either way if Jeongguk didn't want his guidance he would step back and supervise.

"Have it your way." He said neutrally. "I'll just..." He looked around for a clean surface to perch on. "Clear a space." He said dully when he found none.

"Whatever." The hybrid muttered. That seemed to be his favourite word.

Taehyung ended up settling himself at the very end of Jeongguk's bed, doing his best to ignore the state of the sheet beneath him. At least this small corner was relatively clean.

It took all of ten minutes before it became obvious Jeongguk was overwhelmed with the sheer magnitude of the task before him. His ears were laid flat against his scalp and he was plucking nervously at the downy hair of his cheek. Taehyung decided to let him flounder on his own for a while, hoping the bunny would come to him for help, but not really expecting it.

After the fourth time that Jeongguk's eyes had flicked to him before stubbornly shifting away Taehyung mentioned nonchalantly. "You know, if this were my room. I'd probably start with the big stuff. Like laundry?"

He bit his cheek to hide his satisfaction as Jeongguk began picking the clothing off the floor, pointedly avoiding looking at Taehyung as he did so.

"Remember to shake them out, Jeongguk." He prompted.

Jeongguk gave the shirt in his hands a vigorous shake and not even biting could stop the smile from blooming across his face at the small victory.

"Good boy." He praised, more from habit than anything but Jeongguk's cheeks heated at the words.

"I'm not a dog!" The boy objected sharply.

"Of course not, Jeongguk." Taehyung soothed in his deep, calming voice.

"Don't talk to me like that! I'm not a pet!" He threw the clothes he'd been scrunching between his hands at Taehyung angrily.

Taehyung caught them, bundling them up and setting them down beside him before getting to his feet. He took a step toward the bunny, noticing the way his ears flicked nervously and he swallowed convulsively before squaring his shoulders defiantly.

"Jeongguk." He said, his voice firm and even. "I understand that you're having ...difficulties at the moment. But I will not tolerate you physically attacking me. Do I make myself clear?"

Jeongguk scoffed. "It was just some clothes. Chill."

Taehyung's face hardened and his eyes turned steely. "Do I make myself clear?" He asked again, sterner.

Jeongguk met his eyes defiantly for a moment longer before he lowered them in reluctant submission and shrugged, his jaw clenching.

"Jeongguk. Clear?" He repeated implaccably.

"Yes. Fine. Clear." He finally grumbled, staring intently at the wall behind Taehyung's shoulder.

"Good." Taehyung nodded and returned to the corner of the bed. He picked up the bundle Jeongguk had flung at him and offered it to the sullen hybrid. Jeongguk snatched it up and threw it in the laundry basket without comment.