Chapter 25 - Aftermath

Start from the beginning

If only we got to see them one last time together, but I guess he can finally catch up with them in the clouds

I feel a stray tear slowly descend my cheek, but my circling mind prevented me from wiping it away.

He's going to see you aren't the strong woman you portrayed at this rate.  You're stronger than this, you're not a fraud.

I'm snapped from my dwelling by the feeling of (Y/N)'s arm sliding under the back of my neck, his hand grasping my right shoulder in support.  I glance to my left and am met with (Y/N)'s concerned expression.  I realize the reason for his concern and go to wipe the tear, but before I could move he raised his left arm, slowly running his finger down my cheek to wipe it away for me.

"Everything is going to be ok Calamity, I won't let anything happen to you, take my word for it," He caressed, showing a sympathetic smile.

I chuckle, turning my body onto my side to face him completely

"I know, I'm just still grasping the situation.  It won't be easy by any means, but I'm sure it will work out one way or another," I reply, feeling comforted by his presence

"As long as the moon rises and continues to shine, there will always be a light in the dark.  Let us promise each other to be the light we needed to continue on when things seem hopeless,"

"I promise, with all my heart (Y/N),"

"Then it's sealed," He finishes

We slowly close it on each other, sharing a gentle kiss.  We part our lips, looking into his eyes, a new glimpse of passion reflecting off his pupils.

"I love you Calamity" He whispers

"I love you too (Y/N)" I respond

I wrap my arms around his abdomen and plant my head onto his chest.  He slips his arm down around my waist and rested his head gently on mine.  We stared off in silence for a few moments, but soon enough we slowly gave in to the Sandman and fell into a nice slumber.

~~~ The Next Morning ~~~

His words danced in my mind throughout the night, but as time progressed, a new voice began to slip into my head.

"I saw Calamity storm out last night, and (Y/N) came in looking for her,"

The feminine voice seemed familiar, but my sleeping brain couldn't think straight

"Who do you think made the first move?"

"I'm not sure, but this is pure gold, I need to record this,"

"Oh yeah, and what will you do with it?"

"Nothing... yet.  One day we'll look back and title it 'First night together'"

That had to be Cuddles for sure, Drift told stories of her obsession with him and Brite's first encounter and when they first started dating.

"Good job, you woke them up,"

"Don't care, still filming it,"

I flutter my eyes over slightly, but only to confirm I was somewhat awake.  I was still resting my head on (Y/N)'s chest, for we barely stirred in the night.  I feel his arm rub my side to signal he was stirring too, then his chest moved as he bent over my ear.

"They're all staring at us, and Cuddles in recording us.  If you want I can tell them to leave us be," He whispered to me

I chuckle at the thought, finding their sudden fascination with us comical.  Then an idea sparked in my mind.