Chapter 29: A Story Ends

En başından başla

Maybe... I can help him, show them that it wasn't bad. So, I lifted my hand up towards him from behind the bush. The children watched as the shard was slowly pushed out of the child's leg before making his blood return to his body and healing his small wound. The children look on with awe making me smile. I stood up and continued walking only for a sharp pain to hit the side of my head. 

Me: "Ahh!" I cried out as I landed on the ground.

I quickly curled up in a ball covering my head as the sounds of other children laughed as I felt more rocks hit me. It hurts so much. I thought it would never end until the sound of someone yelling at them made them stop. The children quickly ran away as someone ran up to me. I slowly looked up to see a familiar tanned skin man with messy brown hair and brown eyes. He wore a blue-green tunic with a tan undershirt and black trousers with brown boots. His tunic was outlined with golden markings. In his hand, he carried a large scepter. His name is Ozma.

Ozma: "Are you alright, Cara? I've been looking all over for you." he told me as he tried to help me up.

Me: "Leave me alone! Just go on your stupid adventure already!" I yelled as I stood up rubbing my head.

Ozma: "Cara... please understand." he tried telling me.

Me: "All I understand is that you're leaving me with them! Can't you tell that no one likes my magic? You come to our town, help them and me, and now your throwing me to the wolves to die!" I continued to yell.

Ozma: "The world isn't a safe place. You're safer here. But I promise I'll come back one day and take you along with me if you want." he said with a smile.

I only crossed my arms and looked away.

Me: "If they don't kick me out, you're the only reason why they haven't yet." I pointed out.

Ozma: "Humans aren't that cruel to kick a small child into the wild, Cara. Have a little faith." he said rubbing his hand on my head.

Me: "...fine, I'm trusting you." I replied.

(Timeskip brought to you by townfolk glaring at Cara as she went foraging for food)

Not even a week has passed since he left and they burned down my home and ran me out. He said that humans aren't that cruel enough to kick a small child out... did he lie to me? Did he befriended me and gave me hope just to take it? Was this some sick joke of his? It doesn't matter anymore, I'm all alone again.

I found myself between two decisions right now as I sat between a fork in the trail. Do I go to the shore or do I go towards the mountain and venture deeper into the forest. I thought about it for a few minutes before deciding the direction with a stick. I picked up the nearest stick and placed it where the trails met and placed it on its point before quickly moving away. I watched as the stick fell towards the mountain. I nodded to myself and began making my way deeper into the forest. For an odd reason, I couldn't help but feel as if this was a bad idea, but I couldn't remember why. 

I continued walking for an hour when the sudden howling from behind me nearly made me jump out of my skin. Then it quickly dawned upon me that the town hunters warned everyone that wolves lived deeper in the forest. I didn't know what else to do but run. So I ran, ran as fast as I can go, but I could hear something behind me and it was getting closer. There wasn't anything else I could do but run and as I ran, I quickly glanced back to see how many there were. Four wolves, they were so close. They would reach me in a matter of seconds. But as they got closer, they suddenly slowed down before I suddenly ran into something and quickly felt several sharp pricks before I found myself engulfed in a bush full of roses.