Grant's first impression:2

Brad saw Keenan taking a sip of carrot juice. "I don't understand how you can drink that stuff, Frank. I'm okay with carrots on their own but in juice form? I can't take it." Keenan laughed. "I drink this stuff because when I was younger,  I got burned very badly by a red three horned dragon. The doctors told me that carrot juice would help strengthen my skin. Plus it would make my vision sharper. So I got used to the taste, and afterward, it became my favorite drink." "Interesting." Brad took a sip of coffee, still thinking Keenan's beverage choice was strange. Keenan addressed everyone.

"I called the leaders of Flurh and Plitan for a meeting this afternoon." Brad spit out his coffee. "Are you kidding Frank? What are they going to say when they see you and Grant here not at each other's throat? I don't think they are going to let this slide this easily." Grant winced. "Thanks, Brad, I knew I could count on your support." Brad raised his shoulders. "Sorry, what I meant is they might not like that you're-joined the night hunters." Grant raised his hand. "I know." Keenan got up and tapped him on the shoulder. "I'm in charge of Alton. They can't touch you as long as you are here." Grant raised his head. "You've seen the villagers reaction when you told them I'm innocent. They don't believe it." Jason gave him an encouraging smile. "Not all of them think that." Lydia and Jeffrey joined in. "We will prove it to them all that you're a night hunter, and not a robber," Lydia concluded. "Thanks, guys."

Brad sighed and whispered in Keenan's ear so Grant couldn't hear. "How are you going to convince Yvon and Wade that he's no robber? His reputation can't change overnight." The commander sighed. "It's going to have to change in a few hours because that's when the meeting starts." Brad shook his head. "Oh boy."

A few hours later, Grant stared out one of the front facing windows of the castle as Wade Plummet's ride arrived. He saw two Esmarian desert foxes pull an intricately carved sandstone carriage. The foxes had soft red fur that supposedly camouflaged well in the desert but stood out like fire against the dark backdrop of the village. The fact that they were twice the size of foxes in Oscana made them stand out further. As the carriage came to a halt, Two Esmarian guards walked around the carriage to open the door. They wore boots made of brown leather. A beige material was draped on their heads and shoulders along with two swords crossed on their backs. Grant wondered if the weapons were really necessary. But Grant watched as the leader of Plitan stepped elegantly out of the carriage. A long beige robe, meant to protect against the potent desert sun hung loosely against his frame. A shemagh scarf covered his head and face. His eyes were barely visible under it. Two night hunters were waiting to welcome the leaders in the castle. "Something wrong?" Jason asked. Grant whipped around. Jason and Lydia had come up behind him while he was distracted. "Um, no. It's nothing." He turned back to face the window. "It's just.. Wade Plummet has the same last name as a robber I know."

"Which one?" Lydia asked. "Arwin Plummet, he's half-elf,"

There was a silence behind him and Grant instinctively knew that Jason and Lydia have exchanged a look.

"I'm sure it'll be fine, " Jeffrey joined them. He wanted to ease the tension and distract Grant from the matter. Jeffrey turned to Lydia. "So when is Abella coming back from the trip with her father and brother?"

"Well her father wanted to spend some time with them before he left for another trip to Ebdom. She should be back in a week or two. It takes some time to travel back from the sand dunes in Esmary."

"Cool." He smiled.

"Do you miss her?"

"What...no. Okay maybe yes.

Lydia laughed.

A few minutes later, Wade Plummet arrived in the meeting room as Keenan welcomed him. "Wade thanks for coming." He shook his hand. Wade unwrapped the shemagh scarf on his head. Grant took note that he was indeed half elf. Even resembled his old robber mate. Grant felt an uneasy feeling in his stomach, seeing the elfish ears, and brown blondish hair. He bent down hiding behind some of the other night hunters."Has Yvon arrived yet?" He heard Wade asked Keenan. "No but I have men waiting for him." Grant ducked lower so Wade wouldn't see him. Jeffrey stared at Grant. "Grant what are you doing?" He asked him. Grant sighed realising he must look ridiculous hiding behind everyone. He straightened up a bit and whispered to his friend.