Night hunters part two: The outsider

After three months in the village of Alton, Jason Bowl and Lydia had finally convinced commander Keenan to consider changing the rules of night hunting. They showed him the green dragon that they had saved instead of killing. He had only shown anger when the night hunters threatened it and its baby dragon. It was the same with a dozen other creatures. Fairies, unicorns, even centaurs. But of course, there were creatures that the night hunters couldn't control. Some species of dragon, ogres, giant spiders, gargoyles, and harpies were some of the creatures that still give chills down some night hunters spine. But as Lydia and Jason's request, commander Keenan intended to arrange a meeting with the leaders of Alton's neighbors. Plitan and Flurh.

Frank Keenan sat in the castle meeting room with a fire burning in the corner of it. In front of him, was standing a large glass mirror. The commander stepped forwards and saw his reflection. His auburn red hair complementing his green eyes. He touched the surface of the mirror. His reflection shimmered. "Yvon Tuck, and Wade Plummet." Colors started moving around the mirror's surface. After a few seconds, a person appeared on the glass mirror. He was a big-boned man with almond skin and a dark hairy mustache on his upper lip and beard off his chin. He gave Keenan a greeting smile."Frank, how long has it been since we've spoken?" The man chuckled with an accent. "Maybe three months or so, Yvon," Frank replied. The mirror started shimmering again. "Sorry Yvon, Wade is going to join our conversation." A moment later, another figure appeared in the mirror. He had pointy ears and tanned skin. But the feature that made him most unique about his appearances were his eyes. One was light turquoise, while the other was a deep violet color. He was a half-elf. "Keenan? You usually only call if something important comes up." Frank smiled. "Yvon, Wade, sorry for calling you at this time but I have important matters I want to discuss." Yvon raised an eyebrow. "What kind of matters?" Frank cleared his throat. "Well, a few things actually. Would there be a time when the three of us can meet in person?" Wade scratched his chin. "I guess I'm free tomorrow afternoon. Yvon?" The man tilted his head. "Would one o'clock suffice Frank?" Keenan nodded. "You can come to Alton's castle. I will have men waiting for you." Wade and Yvon both nodded. "See you at one." Yvon smiled. The mirror shimmered again, and both leaders disappeared from Keenan's mirror.

That night Grant Walker found himself in a dream. He was inside a cell at Bokaj prison in Esmary. This prison was located in the desert where there was less magic available. The perfect place so prisoners couldn't use magic to escape. In the dream, Grant was sitting on a bench in the cell. He saw two figures coming towards his cell. Two robbers. One had a key in his hand. He had ruffled hair and he was wearing a grey inmate outfit. The other was wearing the same thing but was much taller. He had tattoos covering the dark skin on his arms. Not a single hair on his head.

"Hurry Ruben, we need to get him out before the guards catch us." He turned his head to make sure no guards were behind him. Grant looked at him.

"Where are Cronus and Arwin, Leo?"

Leo smirked.

"They're on a black Thornhead ready to break these prison walls, Grant. Are you ready to break out?"

Grant nodded. The robber named Ruben unlocked Grant's cell.

Suddenly, there was a loud bang on Grant's left side. And an alarm started sounding. Leo smirked.

"Over here!"

As prison guards started storming in that area of the prison, a large black dragon headed for Grant and the others. Riding that dragon was Cronus the Cyclops and a man that was half human half elf. Arwin.

"Get on the dragon Grant!"

The cyclops yelled. He had the dragon's reins in his hands. The three mounted the dragon. As the dragon took off, with the five robbers on board, Ruben yelled.

"Finally, it took you guys long enough." As he said that, guards started shooting arrows at them.

"Watch out!" Grant yelled. Ruben turned around as an arrow shot him in the left eye.

"Arhhh!" Ruben screamed in pain. "Throw your bombs Arwin!" The elf had a black ball in his hand, and he threw it below them. When it touched the ground, it exploded ashes everywhere. Grant saw Ruben pluck the arrow Carefully out of his eye.

"Hmph!"

"Here," He passed him a bandanna to cover his eye.

"Thanks." He wrapped the bandana around his head and covered the eye. Cronus steered the dragon out of the hole in the prison walls and towards the sky. But the prison guards didn't give up. They had giant arrows loaded into a ballista ready to shoot down the dragon. Leo and Grant frowned.

"Cronus, we need to get out of their range!"

"I'm trying..."

Suddenly the guards fired the ballista towards them. It shot the dragon in the stomach thirty feet in the air. The beast roared in pain.

"No!" The robbers yelled. The dragon started falling sideways. Leo slipped from the right side of the dragon. Falling thirty feet, he fell on the ground hard. Arwin slipped as well but grabbed onto a black scale.

"Leo!" He yelled. Grant held onto the scales as the ten-tonne dragon fell to the ground. It crushed Leo. Grant caught his breath looking up and seeing thirty guards running towards them.

"Grant quick!" Arwin yelled running off the dragon and pulling him in a huddle with Ruben and Cronus on the ground. Arwin threw one of his magic bombs in front of them.

"The abandoned woods," Arwin said as they disappeared through the smoke. The guards were dumbstruck.

Grant awoke from this nightmare remembering that night very clearly. He, Ruben, Cronus, and Arwin did escape from the walls of Bokaj prison, but they lost one of their friend's life that night. Shaking the memory, he hauled himself out of the bed he slept in. In one of Alton's castle rooms, Keenan had let him stay here until his name was cleared. The bed he slept in had a thick wine red bed sheet. The room he was in was cozy. Grant had a window overlooking the beautiful forest of Alton. He yawned and left this room.

Grant dragged his tired feet towards the dining hall. He spotted the commander sitting with the others. "Morning Grant," Keenan said. Grant waved his good arm. His left was made of metal. The doctors were able to use some magic so that Grant could move the fingers on his prosthetic hand and arm. He sat down next to Jason and Jeffrey. Brad was sitting across from him and studied Grant's face.

"You look like you didn't sleep a wink last night," Brad said. Grant yawned and shook his head.