[17.2] House of Hustle ~ Pt 2

*Unedited*

---------------------------------------------------

Jerome's morning chaos must have been louder than he thought. Patricia, at this point, had doubled back to hear what had caused Jerome to sound so tense and couldn't help but hide a laugh in her hand as she leaned against the door.

Jerome looked up at the noise and smiled, before looking at the strawberry blonde at the top of the table, "Willow, if you are truly happy to be here..."

"I am."

"There is someone who I think could definitely use a hug." Jerome saw Willow's face scrunching up as if she was trying to suppress a smile. "I think he's a sucker for them, but he only gets them from Camilla, which is a shame. He is someone whos only got our best interests at heart, even though he can't show it, what, with being so ... so buttoned up and everything."

As Jerome spoke, Alfie and Patricia shared an amused look at one another.

Willow tilted her head as she tried to think of who Jerome could be talking about, "who do you mean?"

Just at that moment, there was a loud clattering followed by a string of swear words in Arabic coming from the kitchen, causing all heads to turn to look at Victor, who was trying to fix the kitchen sink.

"Victor?" Willow asked, looking back at Jerome before shaking his head.

"I doubt before Camilla he had ever been hugged in his life." But Jerome told the girl with a fake sympathetic air to his tone of voice. "don't you think that's tragic?"

"You are so right. Jerome, you really see beyond the surface to the true heart of a person." This comment from Willow caused Patricia and Alfie to hide laughs causing Jerome to glare at his friends.

Victor must have seen the glances his way as he looked up to see the four students in the dining room before he glanced at his watch. Their school day was close to starting. "Come along, all of you." He moved into the dining room with the intention of ushering them out of the house. "Get a move on! You will be late for school!"

Before he could say anything else, the new girl, Willow, who Mr Sweet had informed him was now moving into the house – despite the many arguments that it was not a good idea – jumped to her feet and blocked his path.

"Thank you so much for letting me move over here, Victor. It was so kind of you," she told him with sincerity.

Victor was not in the mood for any of this nonsense. He could smell a trap from Jerome Clarke in the making. "Get out of my way." he hissed at her.

However, he didn't get the normal response of the girl moving away; instead, she pounced on him. Around wrapping around his middle, causing him to raise his arms in alarm!

"No! What are you doing?!"

"Whoa!" Jerome shouted, getting to his feet and gently pick-pocketing Victor, producing the Key Patricia had asked for before handing it back to the girl, who instantly threw it across at Alfie.

"Enough of this!" Victor screamed and pushed Willow off him. "Really! Never have I seen such impertinence!" Alfie made a mad dash from the room with a mutter of the toilet only to get Victor screaming, "DON'T RUN LEWIS!" at him before his eyes focused back on Willow with rage in them. The Man let out a growl before he stalked from the room.

"That man needs more hugs!" was the only thing Willow could say with a laugh the second they knew he was out of earshot.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪