Chapter 21: Plan

Morgan's Pov

Josh and I had been running with breaks every so often for at least 2 hours now. The ground was soaked. I had already slipped a few times scraping my knees but I just got up and kept going. My knees were on fire. The palms of my hands were throbbing and I could feel my pulse racing in them as well as in my head and ears. 

Josh grabbed my wrist suddenly making me yelp due to pain and he ran us behind a tree and peeked around and I tried to catch my breath failing to do so for a bit and he looked at me.

"There are guards patrolling the building. All with guns." He said which made me turn ghostly white. 

"What kind? Do you know?" I asked. He shook his head.

"No. But I can tell they're fully automatic. Dammit." He said quietly looking at me. "You're in no condition to do any form of hiding for long." 

"Yeah, no shit. I fell a couple of times if you didn't notice." I glared a bit and he looked away back at the men or women holding the guns. "well if I can't hide for long, what are we going to do?"

Josh looked at me pondering for a moment. He made sure to look at every single wound that I had that was currently bleeding. Mainly my knees. They would be the biggest concern. I use my knees to move so it's quite obvious that it would cause me problems. 

"We'll just have to pretend that you aren't injured." He said. I gave him another glare.

"Yes. let's just pretend that I'm not dripping blood from my knees and my head." I said. It was Josh's turn to glare at me. That was when I shut up. Josh was very terrifying when he wanted to be. Josh got down on his knees and he pulled me down gently to kneel with him.

"Okay. Here's the plan," he smirked.

~~~

Josh had me positioned behind a bush closer to the men and I watched the men when Josh began whistling pretty loudly gaining the attention of a few soldiers and one of them was sent to check it out. When he got out of sight I slammed my fist into his face knocking him out. Josh smirked and stopped whistling coming over and he suddenly kissed my cheek making me blush and freeze as he kneeled down. 

"Good job Morgan. I'm going to need to get changed." He said. He looked at me and I quickly turned around respecting his privacy. Within 5 minutes he was dressed. The only way I knew was that he tapped my shoulder making me turn around. The suit surprisingly fit pretty well. I looked at him and he smirked. "Like what you see?" He said and I turned bright red covering my face and turning away. 

"Shut up and let's continue," I said quietly, my face bright red. Josh grabbed my arm suddenly putting me in front of him and he whispered.

"Just play along." He shoved me forward.

"Go! Forward!" He yelled. I yelped a bit and walked forward as the men looked at him confused and walked over.

"Was this what made the noise?" They said talking about me as if I was an object. Josh nodded shoving me a bit. I made a growling noise.

"Leave me alone you bastard!" I yelled trying to get free and Josh slammed his elbow into my face. I yelped getting very dizzy. I am going to kill him after this. Not literally don't worry. 

"She was the one who whistled. What do you want me to do with her?" He asked looking at me with a quick apologetic look. I glared at him. No way in hell was I going to forgive him after that. 

"Put her in the basement. Agatha will determine her sentence after she deals with Shelby." one of the guards said. I looked at the guard.

"Is my sister okay?!" I yelled and the guard laughed suddenly realizing who I was.