Chapter 11: Home

Morgan's Pov

I woke up as we were docking. I heard multiple peoples voices outside. I heard crying and yelling. I looked at Josh who was awake and was sitting farther away from me. My coat was wrapped back around me. I felt our boat get hooked to the dock and the doors opened. Donovan and the others were first out. Josh got out and then I was the last one. I crawled onto the dock and I stood up looking around. 

Josh was pushing through the crowd and he didn't stop. I walked through trying to find him but when I got to the other side, no one was there. I sighed until I heard a scream and both Shelby and my sister attacked me in hugs sobbing into my shirt.

"wh-where were you?! You left us!" My sister screamed. I looked at her concerned. 

"I-I'm sorry. I tried to stop the water from leaking into the ship with Josh but..." I started but my sister growled. 

"All you care about is Josh! Josh this and Josh that! I'm sick of it! do you even care about me anymore?!" she yelled. I looked at her confused. 

"Of course I do. I went down there to try and save you guys." I said. Shelby looked at me. 

"No. you just went down there because Josh was down there." She backed away from me. I looked at her confused as well. What was going on? Why were they acting like this? " this criminal group has changed you too much Morgan." She said. My sister nodded and began following Shelby as she walked away. I looked at the ground. Had I really been that sucked into Josh? I didn't really think I did. 

Suddenly someone slams into my shoulder and I yelp falling to the floor. I turned around and glared at whoever did that. It was Donovan again. I gave him a death glare.

"Leave me alone," I growled standing up and he went to punch me but I ducked and slammed my fist into his throat. "I said leave me alone! Don't you see what just happened?! Right now is not the time to be picking fights, you moron!" I yelled gaining the attention of a lot of people around us. He looked at me and then around at the people seeing some who were angry and others who showed loss in their eyes. 

"Fine. Don't think this isn't over though." He said. He glared at me and I crossed my arms. A medic came over and he looked at my shoulder which I didn't know was still bleeding. He silently ushered me to a small building and brought me inside and he helped take out the glass gently. I looked at him. 

"thank you," I said. He nodded simply. he wrapped my shoulder with gauze and he gives me a new shirt and he lets me out. I walked out and I sighed. "Time to go home." I sighed. I began walking and I shivered just a bit, my clothes were still damp. 

I walked along the silent road and I looked around not used to land anymore. I was so used to the gentle swaying of the ship that I felt dizzy and out of balance on land. The world spun a bit making me stumble and run into the hills walls beside me and I sighed. 

"Come on. You got this. you did it with Josh, you can do it again." I sighed and kept going shaking all the way. I wasn't anywhere close to home. I fell to my knees and sighed. There was no way in hell that I would be able to do anything. Suddenly a car began to drive by and stopped beside me. the van's door opened and Josh comes out and goes to me roughly grabbing my arm pulling me in.

"You tell me that I could make it up those flights stairs but you can't make it down a road?" He glared daggers at me. I looked at him and scoffed. 

"Thought you would've tried to forget that considering you have been avoiding me all day," I said. If looks could kill, I'd be dead. He threw a black box at me suddenly and it hit my stomach and fell to my lap. I gently picked it up and looked at it. "what is this?" I asked. he looked at me.

"Just open it." He said plainly. I opened it and It was an earpiece. I took it out. "It's already connected to Agatha. She'll contact you with your first mission." He said. Suddenly we pulled up to his house and I sighed as he got out not explaining further. The driver pulled out and he paused looking at me. I gave him my address and he sighed. 

"Why do you live on the opposite side of town?" He said to himself. I smirked a bit. 

"As far as I know, you only pick me up on Thursdays during school lunch," I said. "Which would mean that you don't have to drive to my house." 

"Except when we drop you off on Sunday nights." He said and I nodded and sighed. He drove me to my house and parked. I got out and went to the garage door typing in our code and as soon as the garage door began opening the door was slammed open and my mom came running over to me and she hugged me tightly sobbing into my shoulder. My arms wrapped around her as she cried. 

"I'm home," I said smiling gently.