"I know this is a lot to take, but you have us okey don't forget that", he stopped and cupped my face, giving me a peck. "We will give you a place to stay for as long as you need and even offer all of you a job. You have us to rely on and you are not alone. Neither is Felix."

"Thank you", I said, crashing my head in his chest and wrapping my arms around his torso.

"Anytime." He rubbed my back. "Let's go Felix is waiting."

Chris dropped us off at my house. Felix came along because we were going to talk with my mom. Man was I scared. I didn't even dare to knock on the door until Felix placed a hand on my shoulder and knocked in my place.

Mom opened the door with a smile which soon faded into concern. "Honey are you alright?"

"No mom, I'm not. And we want to talk about it with you", I said not even daring to look her in the face.

She let us inside and I was already mentally preparing myself on what to say without breaking her heart. How will I be able to talk without crying?

"Tell me, what's wrong?" she said right after we say down. "Do you want anything to drink, to eat. You look so pale."

"No mom, we just want you to listen very closely. This is no game and something we witnessed with our real eyes", I said already feeling a lump form in my throat. "We saw dad when were at the big market."

"Is he back so soon? I thought he wouldn't be back till Wednesday", she said, smiling at the both of us.

"Mom that's not the thing we are trying to tell you", I said frustrated. "He- when we", I stuttered, but wasn't able to say it.

"Dad cheated on you", Felix blurted out.

Mom's expression changed and she looked at the ground. "I know, sweethearts."

I scooted closer to her and held her hand. "Mom what do you mean you knew? Please don't tell me he threatened you?"

"No darling, he didn't. He doesn't know that I know", she said disappointed.

"Mom then what are you still doing here?" Felix said. "I am a hundred percent ready to drop everything to get you out of this house."

"Please don't", she said in a whisper. "He has done so much for each of you and even me."

"Is cheating on you doing much for you? I don't except this kind of disrespect, mom. Do you care this much about yourself to let yourself be used as a toy? You are worthy so much more than you think and this here, this environment with dad is not how you should be treated", Felix said with an angry expression. "We are not staying with dad and neither are you."

"Mom please", I managed to say through my sore throat. "You deserve better."

I could see tears form in mom's eyes and all I wanted to do was hug her and tell her that everything would be alright and it was all just a lie. But it wasn't. It was all, truth.

"I don't know what to do", she said as a few drops fell from her eyes and she quickly wiped them away.

"You tell him. You tell him everything. And then, you make him leave", Felix said. He stood up from next to me and walked to sit next to mom. He turned her to face him and held her shoulders. "I can't stand to see you unhappy. Please do this for us, for yourself."

"The news Felix-"

"Fuck the news, mom. We can lie about the truth. If that will change your mind, we will make sure the news doesn't spread. Just please, listen to us. If he wanted another family so bad, he can leave. We just want you to stay with us and be happy without him", he said the latter in almost a whisper wiping away mom's tears.

"Alright. I'll talk about it with your dad once he's back. Just please give me time", she said.

"One more thing. We have a sister?" I asked her even though I already knew the answer.

"You do. Emma", she smiled. "I'll ask about her to your dad."

"I cannot let you do that. We'll talk to him", I said. "For now, me and Felix are staying home till dad comes. We'll even stay with you when you talk to dad."

"No, I- you guys shouldn't see that. I want you guys to go to Chris okey?" she said placing a hand on Felix' cheek and the other on my thigh. "I think I'm going to sleep."

"But it's only eight, it's still early", Felix said with a worried expression.

"I just need some time alone, to think", she said with a soft smile. "Thank you, both of you."

After she left, me and Felix were left alone in the living room. "I don't think I've ever felt more frustrated."

"I just feel hella bad for mom. I just want to rip dad's head off", Felix said. "I can't stand the sight of him anymore. The only thing that would keep me in contact with him, is Emma."

"Never thought you would be such a softie for a little sister", I managed to joke through all the hardship.

"Stop it", he lightly hit my shoulder. "No matter what, it will never be her fault, it's not like she asked to be born. She deserves to live without hate and I think I'd want to be there for her as an older brother."

"Sometimes I forget that you have a big, soft heart Felix. I like it", I said to him.

"Thanks I guess", he laughed. "Not to be a joy kill, but what are we going to say to dad?"

"Leave that up to me, I'll figure something out. I'll probably stay home while you stay at Chris' place and when mom talks to him, I'll go home and help mom. And I'll ask about Emma", I said.

"Thank you", he said. There was a silence, not an awkward one, but a comfortable one, before he spoke up. "Movie?"

"Movie", I said, nodding my head with a smile. "I'll make the popcorn, you choose the movie."

The next morning I woke up on the couch by a loud crashing sound. I woke up confused and walked to the kitchen to see Felix with a frying pan in his hand an a broken egg on the ground. He looked at me with the face that told me 'I fucked up'.

"I fucked up", he said. "I was just trying to make you and mom breakfast but I kinda failed."

"I can tell", I said pointing at the broken egg on the ground. "Come here I'll help you."

So we ended up breaking two plates, another egg, poured flower over each other and made a full pile of pancakes. A success I say.

Just at that moment, when we placed the last few things on the table for the pancakes, mom came in. My face dropped, Felix' face drops and we both remember what happened last night.

I tried not to show my sad face and immediately smiled and took my tired looking mom by the arm. "We made you breakfast."

"Both of you are covered in flour, what did you do?" She said trying to smile even though I could tell she was forcing it.

"We made pancakes, broke two plates and two eggs. Oh and we poured flower over each other. But look at it positively, the pancakes are delicious", he said trying to smile.

"I was about to go to the store down the street to buy some drinks, don't eat yet", I said, trying to shake off all the flower off of me. I took my wallet and keys and walked out. The second I closed the door I slammed my back against it, breathing out. "Why is this so hard", I said in a whisper.

I walked to the store and bought two bottles of orange juice. I received a message and took out my phone. The second I opened my phone I bumped into someone, not even able to open my phone and dropped the drinks on the ground.

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry I didn't see you there", I said, taking the groceries from the ground without looking at the strangers face.

"No problem", the person said.

His voice sounded familiar, too familiar. Almost as if-

I shot my head up at the familiar voice.

"Darren."

__________________________

Not the best chapter I wrote but I'm still satisfied with it lmao. Btw how are y'all, I just wanna know if y'all been okey:)))