Chapter 27: East vs West

Y/n pov

Days gone by as we train and before we realize, the day of the challenge was here. The five of us were sitting in the locker room as we waited before we were called up. I tried to calm down but that was easier than said.

"Hey kid you ok?" Zwei asked me.

"Yeah...just nervous" I told him.

"Why? You weren't nervous when you confronted Asslo at the amusement park."

"That was different...Tsu was there..." I muttered.

"What about me ribbit?"

I turn my head to see Tsuyu standing behind me. She had a confused expression as I stood up.

"Oh it's nothing Tsu. Zwei was just worried you may be nervous about the fight" I tell her.

"Hmm...will I won't deny that I'm not" Tsu replied. "After everything that has happened, I don't want U.A to lose. But it's more than that. I want to be able to confront those that hurt you."

I look at Tsuyu with a shocked expression. Despite being nervous, she isn't afraid to confront Ashley and the rest of Signal. I look around the locker room as Mina talked to Kyoka while Fumikage leaned on a locker with his eyes close. As I looked at him, I remember the conversation we had during class after the small meeting.

"So are you nervous Y/n?" I heard Tsuyu ask me.

"Hmm? Oh well...kinda. Arlo and the others are the strongest first years at Signal. I know what they can do. But that just we have to do our best to beat them right?" I tell her.

"That's the spirit Y/n!"

I turn to see Mina smiling at me. I can't help but chuckle at her enthusiasm. That's when we heard the intercom call us to the stadium. We all look at each other as we nodded. It was time to show them what U.A students can do.

{ small timeskip as Zwei naps }

We all walked through a dark tunnel as we get blinded by the sun shining on our faces. The we see the rest of class 1-A sitting where we sat during the U.A festival. We continues to walk towards the stage in the order we decided on. Kyoka stepped on first followed by Mina and Fumikage with Tsuyu following him. I was the last one to step on the stage. If my guess was right, Arlo would want the last match to be a grand finale.

"Hello there students. Such a nice day we're having aren't we?"

We turn to see Principal Nezu walking up to us with a smile on his face.

"Principal Nezu what are you doing here?" I ask him.

"Oh well as Principal, I should welcome our guest. Speaking of which, here they come" He says to us.

We turn to a tunnel at the opposite end of where we came from. Appearing in groups of two, Harley and Sia appeared first. Behind them was Kaze and Ashley and finally was Arlo with a lady with white hair and round glasses. She had a friendly smile as walked alongside her students. They walked up to the stage according to their rankings. The lady walked up to Nezu as he stuck out his paw.

"Ah Principal Pina, a pleasure to have you and your students here" Principal Nezu said.

"Likewise Principal Nezu. It's an honor to be able to compete with such promising students" She said as she turned at us. "Hello there students, I am the Principal of Signal academy, Ozzie Pina. It's a pleasure to meet your acquantance."

The was a quiet hello coming from the Tsuyu and the rest of the girls as Fumikage and I remained silent.

"Now to begin, I have our own Mrs. Nemuri explain the rules" Principal Nezu said as Midnight appeared.

"Fights will be 1-1 and the use of quirks are allowed. The matches will be declared over when one of the students are unable to fight or knocked out of bounds. Also any forms of physical interferance will result in a loss for the school as well as a desqulification of the student involved. Are we clear?" Midnight asked us. Without anyone objecting. Midnight smiled as she rose her left arm up. "With that being said, the first match will now begin. Will Kyoka Jiro and Harley Rose please stay. As for the rest of the students, please make your way to the safe zone outside the stage."

We walked to the outside of the stage where there was a white drawn. We were a good distance from the arena where we could see everything but wouldn't be hit by any debris. The arena itself was at least a three feet (.91meters) above ground. We watched as the first match was about to begin.

"The first round between Kyoka Jiro and Harley Rose will begin...now!" Midnight said as she swung her arms downward.

"Don't blink" Harley said as disappeared in flurry of rose petals. She begin to circle around Kyoka as she tried to keep her eyes on her.

"Poof!" Harley as she appeared in front of Kyoka before kneeing her in the gut.

Kyoka leaned forward as she held her stomach, but not before Harley appeared behind her.

"Too slow!" Harley laughed as she kicked Kyoka's legs, sweeping her off the ground.

In the short moment that Kyoka was in the air, Harley used her speed to appear above Kyoka. Her knees were above Kyoka's stomach as she begin to fall towards her.

"Rose drop" Harley said as she had a peace sign over one of eyes as she made a cutesy expression.

The impact caused Kyoka to hold her stomach as Harley got off her. Harley then squatted beside Kyoka as she poked her a few times.

"Hey you're kinda weak you know that? You may want to quit before you get hurt" She said with a concerned expression on her face.

"No...I'm not..done yet" Kyoka said as she managed to get on all fours.

"Your funeral" Harley said as she shrugged. She turned back into roses as she circled around the stage before heading towards Kyoka.

Kyoka tried to stand up but couldn't as she tried to catch her breath. All she could do is watch as the roses got closer.

"You lose" Harley said as she appeared with her leg pulled back. I knew what was about to happen to I quickly began running towards the arena. She kicked Kyoka hard in the stomach again. This time causing her to be sent out of bounds. However before Kyoka could hit the ground, I slid underneath her and caught her before she could the ground. I tilted her head to see that she had fell unconcious. Probably due to how many times she got the air knocked out of her.

"Well that was disappointing" Harley said as I glared at her.

"The first match goes to Signal academy. Not to start the next match, will Mina Ashido and Sia Gylph please walk up to the stage" Midnight said as Kyoka got taken to the nurse's office.

I began to walk back to the outside of the arena. I passed by Mina as she whispered something in my ear.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure to get pay them back for that" Mina whispered.

I nodded as I continued to walk back. With one match over, and the next about to start, I was beginning to have doubts.

I shake my head as I try to ignore those thoughts. If I give up now, there's no way we'll win. I need to have faith in us.

Hey guys Lynx. Sorry for not updating in so long. I'll try to get back into writing. Also please excuse this short chapter. I'm trying to get back into mojo. I'll try to get the next chapter out soon.