𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝖋𝖎𝖛𝖊

Jeno's POV

"Wake up! Guys, Jisung's not here!"

I immediately rose up from bed by the time I heard that. I quickly removed my blanket and stood up. "Jeno, slow down. You're still injured."

I shook my head. "My wounds doesn't hurt anymore. Come on, let's find him." They nodded and we scattered around the mansion.

I went to the backyard, guessing he's there. That's his favorite spot, anyways. I groaned when I didn't see him.

But I noticed a sign.

"Guys! I found something!" I shouted. I slowly lowered myself and read the words. "'Bury the hatchet or bury a-'." I stopped.

This is what the other Mark was talking about.

"What is it, Jeno?" I heard Minsoo's voice. She gasped when she saw the sign. "W-What does that mean?" I shrugged. I don't know the answer.. or even answers.

Later, I heard the others' footsteps and they gathered around the sign that I saw. "Is this what the other you was talking about?" Hyuck asked Mark hyung.

He stared at the sign. "I guess so."

"Minsoo?"

We all looked behind and I can feel our faces light up when we saw Jisung. "Jisungie!"

He also smiled. He ran towards us but he hugged Minsoo. My heart suddenly tightened. Knock it off, I told it.

He broke the hug and looked at Minsoo. "I-I really thought you went straight to that pit." We looked at each other. "Jisung, what pit?" Jaemin asked.

"There!" He pointed behind me and Hyuck. The both of us turned around but saw.. nothing. Just soil. "What? That was there last night!" Renjun walked over to Jisung and put his hands over his shoulders.

"Jisung, let's talk about this in the dining room. Come on, guys." We followed Renjun to the dining room and he slowly placed Jisung on his chair. "Chenle, come on." The younger followed Renjun to the kitchen.

I sat beside Jisung and looked at him. "Jisung, what happened?" I asked. "I can't sleep last night, so I went to the backyard, but I saw the sign and a hatchet,"

"There was no hatchet earlier." Hyuck said surely. "And, Minsoo. She suddenly floated and brought down the deep pit. The hatchet also floated and followed down. I heard a crack, like it hit Minsoo's skull." He said.

"W-What?" Minsoo asked. I looked at her and Jaemin was already hugging her, calming her down. I bit my lip and looked back at Jisung. "What else happened?" He shrugged. "And I fainted."

"Is this that night?" Hyuck asked. Later on, we went to our seats when Renjun and Chenle came back. Right after Renjun hyung placed a plate in front of Mark hyung, smoke suddenly appeared on the table.

"Greetings, humans," The other Mark said and looked at us. His eyes stopped at Jisung. "I see that night has come. I expected it to be late but it's early." It said like it knows what's going to happen.

"What does 'bury a hatchet or bury a friend?' mean?" I asked. It just smiled at us. "I won't answer your question, but I will drop the last of the clues," It turned around and started talking.

"It was never here. When it arrived, misery, misfortune and every other adjective describing your days here. We were all just living.. peacefully. It has woken us up." It looked down. It suddenly looked.. depressed.

What does he mean? I really don't understand.. or I just have a low IQ? I tried thinking again but isn't it their job.

"No, Sapphire," It spoke and suddenly looked at me. "It is not our problem to take care of because it controls us. We cannot do anything," It looked at the others. "I hope you figure it out.. today. Farewell." Then, he disappeared.