❣ It was Only You [11] ❣

They call her their mom, they respect her for taking care of them. How can that same mother not become happy when her elder son is happy in his life with whoever he wants to be with?

Continued...

Arjun at a very slow pace moved forward and picked up the code-less phone from the ground, which slipped from his mother's hand seeing him at the door and placed it on the table. Anjana started fidgeting with her fingers nervously while Arjun kept looking at his mother ashamed of her deeds, with his hands in his trouser pockets. He could never imagine that his mother had secured such evil thoughts about people in her mind. Specially for someone like Zoya, who has done no harm to her and is innocent.

On the other hand, Anjana couldn't theorize that she had to face her younger son when she would be explaining about her master scheme to elude Zoya from her elder son's life to her husband. What will happen when Adi gets to know about my misdeeds? Will Arjun tell Cheeku everything? Things had gotten better between me and Cheeku, is everything going to end this soon for me? Will he scold me for throwing Zoya out of the Hooda house? Anjana was petrified with confusing possibilities, as she should obviously be.

Her husband Harshwardhan Hooda was no pious man either. Having cheated on his wife when Aditya was just a little kid, finally he had gotten along well with his entire family. Throughout his career span of more than 30 years, Harsh has never been defeated in a case neither has he backed off from handling any that he had been offered for a handsome pay amidst any life threats that he has received. Just like his wife Anjana, he didn't prefer the Siddiqui family. He never wanted a certain troublesome Mr. Waseem Siddiqui to interfere in their personal and professional lives and he tolerated the presence of Zoya arriving at the Hooda house for days, to organize the event of his and Anjana's 35th Marriage Anniversary Celebration only and only since Aditya insisted.

Arjun walked in front of Anjana and folded his arms across his chest and sighed. Anjana looked at Arjun numbly and decided to explain everything to him without any delay.

"Arjun, meri ba..."

"No Mom, mujhe kuch nahi sunna. I never imagined ki aapke andhar itna zeher bhara hai. Aap Zoya ke saath aise kaise karsakthi hai?"

Anjana looked baffled at Arjun. Why does both my sons have to care about that girl only? But this wasn't the time to blame Zoya in her mind or otherwise rather save herself from the fingers that are going to be pointed at her for acting selfish. Anjana in her right mind knew that her behaviour with Zoya was certainly not good but with the intention of saving herself, she clasped Arjun's hands with hers immediately with a look of apology in her eyes. They were filled with tears in no time.

"Arjun, please don't get me wrong. Maine ye sab Adi ke bhalayi keliye hi kiya tha beta. Main nahi chahthi ki Zoya Adi ke zindagi mein rahe. Cheeku ke saath us ladki ki dosti se mujhe chidh aati hai, har waqt woh ladki mere bete ki peeche hi padhi reheti hai aur main use bardasht nahi karsakthi is ghar mein aur Cheeku ki zindagi mein Arjun. She's messing with his life, can't you see that? Tera bhai bohot bhola hai aur jaise woh Pooja ki dhoke se bohot dher tak anjaan the, waise hi Zoya ka bhi asli chehra.."

Anjana couldn't continue further as Arjun abruptly took away his hands from her hold which made Anjana gasp. Arjun held his left hand in front of her to make Anjana stop her conversation since he didn't want to listen to anything further. What had gotten to Mom! She was never like this, I know that Mom and Dad have problems with the Siddiqui's but that doesn't mean mom can bad mouth Zoya, whenever she wants! And what's with the real face of Zoya which mom is muttering about? Is she having the idea that Zoya is putting up an act with bhai? Arjun tried to cope with the change in Anjana's character.