Chapter 2

Luna's pov

I crouched down amongst the rocks, staring at the mouse that was nibbling on food. I waited a little longer then pounced, catching the mouse in my paws then snapping it's neck with my teeth.

I got up and headed back to my new nest. I climbed into the bushes and dropped the mouse next to my nest. I lay down on the moss. My kits snuggled up to me and started to drink the milk.

I ate the mouse before washing my fur. Thunder and Crimson had fallen asleep and were curled up next to me. I purred and placed my head on my paws.

I tried to sleep before I heard the sound of a twig snapping. I lifted my head and flattened my ears. I stood up slowly and slid out of the nest, body lowered in case I needed to fight.

I looked over and saw a black tom. I stayed in a defensive position and carefully snuck over, staying in a crouched position. I leapt once I was close enough and pinned the Tom to the ground.

The tom scratched at my stomach as I dug my claws into his shoulders. He looked at me then stopped scratching at my stomach. I held my position until I looked into his eyes.

"Crowfeather?" I asked. "Yeah. I would really like to get up now" he stated. I got off him and looked around for any other cats while he shook out his fur which had sand on it.

"Did you have to attack me? I did say I would be visiting" he stated. "I'm protecting myself and my kits. You never know when an enemy can jump out at you and try to kill you" I replied.

"Your pretty jumpy" he stated. "I'm not jumpy. I just don't want my kits to be hurt like I was" I replied. "How were you hurt?" he asked. "My siblings and I were forced to fight each other to the death and I'm the only one who came out alive. I got this scar in that fight" I explained, pointing to the scar over my left eye with my paw.

"So you killed your siblings. Do you remember their names?" he asked. "Their was Midnight, she was the first born in the litter, then my brother Shadow and my other brother River. We were 7 moons when we fought" I replied.

"So you want to protect your kits from what happened to you" he asked. I nodded. "Where are they by the way?" Crowfeather asked. "Their sleeping in those bushes" I replied, gesturing to the bushes with my tail.

"Do they have names?" he asked. "My daughter is Crimson and my son is Thunder" I replied. "Interesting names. Where's the father?" he asked.

"Killed by a dog before they were born. We were attacked by one and he fought it off but died in the process. I didn't feel safe their so I've been on the move since. Never found a place to settle down" I explained.

Crowfeather stood on his paws and scratched at the ground. "You could always stay here. I could help you care for your kits when I'm not busy with my warrior duties" he suggested.

"You want to help me?" I asked, tilting my head. "Yeah. Your nice and I just think your someone I would want to help" he explained. "Alright then" I agreed. Crowfeather purred.

***

Sorry this took so long to come out so here's a drawing of human Crowfeather that I drew.(I kinda made him look like Aizawa from My hero academia by accident. I might be the only one who thinks this though)