Chapter 6

I finally drew Thunder and Crimson so here are the two of them.

Luna's pov

I opened my eyes with a yawn, stretching out my muscles which cracked when I did so. I shook out my pelt and turned to look down for my kits but they weren't there.
"Crimson? Thunder?" I called, running out of my den. I skidded to a halt, kicking up dirt and stones. Crowfeather was laying on a rock just outside, his tail curled close to him. I leap up to the stone.
"Crowfeather. Have you seen my kits. I can't find them anywhere" I ask. He moves his tail where they were curled up next to each other.
"You-"
"I moved them out here since you were clearly tired and Crimson was making a lot of noise. I didn't want her to wake you" he explains. Crimson lifts her head and turns to me, blinking her eyes open. Wait.
"Crimson. Her eyes have opened" I leaned close to her, offering her my muzzle. She looked at it before stumbling forward in an attempt to rub against it. She had her paws sprawled out.
"Are you my mama?" she asks, her little nose twitching as she checked my scent.
"Yes. That's me" I purr, running my tongue over her head. She shakes her head in response. Crowfeather leans forward to look at her.
"She has your eyes" he purrs, gesturing to her. Crimson turns to him.
"Are you my papa?" she asks, tilting her head. I was about to say something when Crowfeather laughed.
"No. I'm not. I'm just a friend" he assures her. Crimson looks towards her brother who was still sleeping. She jumped forward and pulled on one of his ears. Thunder mewled, blinking his own eyes open to look at his sister. They were green. Just like his father. I leaned forward, rubbing my muzzle against my son. He looked at me.
"Mama?" he asks. I purr, giving his head a couple licks. He leans forward and swipes his tongue over my nose, mimicking what I had done.
"They're growing fast" Crowfeather states, pushing himself into a seated position. Crimson spies a butterfly and tries to leap for it. I curl my tail around her and pull her close to me.
"But I wanted to catch it" Crimson complains, lowering her ears.
"In time little one. In time" I assure her. Crowfeather moves away from Thunder, leaving him with a sad look as he watches. Crowfeather sits next to me and wraps his tail around his paws.
"Why did you move?" Thunder asked, stumbling to his paws. Crimson leapt out from my tail and at her brother, pinning him down. He struggled under her, pushing at her chest.
"I wanna get up. Please get off" he mewls, tail swishing in the dust. I reach forward and pick up Crimson by her scruff.
"Crimson. Behave yourself" I scold. She lowers her ears as I drop her on the ground.
"No fair. I was just having fun" she grumbles.
"You should play nice with your brother then" I scolded. She curled up next to me. I look to Crowfeather.
"I think you did fine" he whispers, meeting my eyes. I prick my ears and nod.
"Thanks" I purr.