Chapter 2: Prisoner of Love

Macau Tower
October 2006

The conference call has started. Gu Jun Pyo, Dao Ming Si and Domyouji Tsukasa were in the middle of a Skype call when Madame Domyouji walks in to interrupt her son.

"Pardon me, gentlemen. I need to borrow my son for a moment.", she apologizes to Jun Pyo and Dao Ming Si.

"None needed, madame. Tsukasa, call us as soon as you are done with urgent family matters. See you in Manhattan soon.", Jun Pyo went ahead and hanged up.

Dao Ming Si also said goodbye and went back to his tasks as heir to the Dao Ming family. He hasn't seen Hua Zi Lei, Mei Zuo, Xi Men and his girlfriend San Cai since he left Taipei for business matters in Macau.

Jun Pyo, his Korean counterpart, is also in Macau to oversee the construction and acquisition of new properties Shinhwa Group has planned to have and launch by spring 2007.

Tsukasa is the only one among the three F4 leaders who was chosen to handle the North American and European dealings their respective corporations have with various oil conglomerates such as Royal Dutch Shell and Exxon Mobil.

No time to relax. No time at all to waste. Why don't I explore more of New York before the next meeting starts? I could use a bite or two of a hotdog sandwich.

- In Other News-

Tokyo
Autumn 2006

"Papa, what do you mean you used company shares to invest in the stock market?", Makino's mom asked her husband while they were having dinner one evening.

"I know it's risky and that this will have grave consequences. We just have to wait and see.", Makino's dad remarked.

Makino Tsukushi has been waiting all day for her boyfriend Domyouji Tsukasa to call her. He gave her a gold clamshell phone that has the Darth Vader Star Wars ringtone to alert her whenever Tsukasa calls.

It's been three months! I did not think a long distance relationship would be this hard!, she laments. Makino has been taking on all sorts of part-time jobs lately to save up for a plane ticket plus hotel accommodation so she could go and visit Tsukasa in New York.

I am already loaded with work. Both at school and at my part-time jobs. Yet, I have to do what I must. I must see Tsukasa! Why did he give me a red card? Although someone saved me while he wasn't around...

- - RUI - -
Hanazawa Rui heard about Makino's rescue from the vile and vicious student populace of Eitoku Gakuen after she was given a red card supposedly by Domyouji.

Has he gone back to terrorizing high school students even while he's a thousand miles away? Outrageous!

Akira is hosting a party at their residence that night. Akira has twin sisters and a mom who would not act her age. Sometimes all three of them would style themselves identically. Though Akira may be embarrassed by them, he loves his mom and his sisters dearly.

Soujiroh is preoccupied with planning and executing last minute instructions for a tea ceremony he'll soon be hosting and so far, none of the venues he inspected made the cut.

"Are there not enough halls in this space? How can this accommodate all the guests expected to arrive?", he asked his assistant.

"I beg your pardon, sir. Would you like to go to Kyoto and view some of the recommended sites there?", the assistant inquired.

An alarm rings and the assistant brings Soujiroh his phone.

Oh boy. Akira will kill me if I don't show up! Got to dash. My personal life can wait.

Rui and Soujiroh arrived late as they were greeted by Makino and her best friend Yuki at Akira's grand mansion.

Yuki and Soujiroh only exchanged nervous glances.

What business does she have here? I understand Makino's invited but why does Yuki have to tag along?

"Konnichiwa, Soujiroh-kun.", Yuki greets him.

None of them expected Soujiroh to hurrily make his exit.

What was that about? Is he afraid of Yuki? This must have been what Makino, Akira and Rui thought after witnessing the awkwardness between Soujiroh and Yuki.