Chapter Fifteen

A/N-

Just  a heads-up, this is just gonna be a filler chapter, so it'll be a quick read.  School's starting up again so I won't have much time to update, but I'll try to whenever possible.  Hope y'all have a great beginning of the school year and enjoy chapter 15!  

Thanks,

Lillian (Author)

-----------------------------------

Percy's POV

Yeah, I added Annabeth on Snapchat.  I decided maybe (and I can't believe that I'm saying this) she's not as bad as I thought.  I mean, don't get me wrong, she's still a know-it-all.  And a teacher's pet.  But after seeing that text, I have to wonder... whatever.  I'm just trying to be nicer to her, that's all.  Anyway, the next time I saw her was the next Monday at school.  I tried to make a little conversation, but she seemed really distracted.  I was planning on asking her about it at lunch, but she didn't sit with Piper's group like she usually did.  Then, I was gonna go talk to her in Ancient History, but she was arguing with some blonde kid about Rome.  The guy had a huge scar down the side of his face, and I vaguely remembered his name- Luke.  He's... how do I put this gently... one of the potheads that smokes weed in the bathrooms between class.  In other words: bad news.  

Classes for the day are finally over, and it's time for the last day of swim tryouts.  Jason and I head down to the locker room.  Nobody's as talkative today.  Understandable.  This is everyone's last chance to show the coaches what they've got.  I'm not too stressed, but Jason's totally freaking out.  It gets to the point where I have to snap him out of it.  I grab him by his shoulders.  "Jason.  Calm.  Your.  SHIT.  You're fine, you made Varsity last year.  Just chill," I say.  He sighs.

"Sorry bro.  I'm- I just really want to do well.  Junior year, ya know?  Gotta set the stage for when we're the big dogs.  Not that you have to worry about that," he replies.  "Or impressing girls," he adds.  

"Wh-what?" I stammer.  "I- oh.  You're talking about Piper, right?  You got it, man, really-" I'm stopped by a raised eyebrow from Jason.  "Dude.  I don't know what you're talking about, honest." Jason grins.

"It's nothing.  I just noticed what was going on between you and a certain, ah, blonde at my party."

I feel my face flush.  I shuffle through my swim stuff, trying to hide it.  "I don't know what you're talking about," I respond.

Jason laughs.  "Oh, I think you do.  Someone has a cruuush," he chuckles, wiggling his eyebrows.  He shuts his locker and leans his side against it, turning to me.  "Come on.  We both know what's going on here."  I shut my own locker and turn to face him fully, trying to keep my expression nonchalant.  

"Nothing.  Is going. On."

"Whatever you say, man," he says, raising both hands in defeat.  But I can tell he's holding back a smirk.  I decide to let it slide, at least for now.  I roll my eyes.

"Let's go," I say, leading the way towards the pool.  Annabeth's still on my mind.

---------------------

Disclaimer: I do not own any characters mentioned in this chapter or throughout the story, and all rights go to Rick Riordan.