Chapter Two

P.O.V - Jenna

        I walk up out of memory. It's like I have an alarm clock in my brain. I get one of my band t-shirts from "The Smashers" and a nice navy blue skirt and take them into the bathroom. I take my hair out of my ponytail that I put it in last night. My hair instantly falls onto my shoulders. I take off my pajamas and put them on the floor.

        The bathroom is clean for once. This is a surprise considering that Katie always leaves things on the counter and on the floor. I guess mom put everything away last night when she came home. I turn the shower on and wait for it to get to the perfect temperature. When it gets there, I climb in. I close the glass door and start washing my hair.

        When I'm done I turn off the water before I get out. I grab my towel from the hook next to the door and dry myself off in the shower so I don't get water on the floor. After I am mostly dry I open the door and lay the towel on the ground. I step out of the shower and onto the towel.

        I walk over to my clothes carefully making sure that I don't slip. I grab my bra and underwear off the floor and I put them on. Then I take my t-shirt and skirt and put them on. I grab the brush from the second drawer and brush through my hair. There are a few knots in my hair but other than that it is totally smooth. When I'm done I walk out of the bathroom and make the short trip to the kitchen.

        I am really hungry right now so I decide to eat my regular breakfast. Cereal. I open a cupboard next to some drawers. The whole cupboard is full of cereal. I take out some cheerios. I walk over to the fridge and open it.I search around for the milk. When I finally find it I take it out. I take both the cereal and the milk over to the counter. I leave them there for a few seconds while I get a red bowl from another cupboard. I take that over to the milk and cereal and I put it down next to the cereal. I take the cereal in my hand and I pour it into the little red bowl. Then I take the milk and pour that over the cereal. I put the cereal and the milk away and on my way back I grab a spoon from the cupboard.

        I eat standing up so I don't get tired again. Well, I might get tired of standing up, but I just don't want to fall asleep again and lose my reputation of first one up.

        When I am about half way done with my cereal I hear shuffling across the floor. The sound getting louder each second. Then I hear a tired sound come from Katie.

"Hi." She says.

"Hey. Whats up."

"Alex is in my bedroom."

"What!" I say in surprise. "Why?!"

"We didn't do anything. I was just scared so he slept next to me."

"Were you really so scared that you just had to sleep with him?!"

"Yes."

I look at her with a strange face to try to break her. But she doesn't break so I just leave it as it is.

"Well, are you together now?" I ask her, curious to know.

"I don't exactly know." She says. "But I think so because he kissed me."

"Like a kiss on the lips or just a kiss on the cheek?"

"Cheek." She say now awake.

"Small, but romantic." I point out.

"It was romantic." She says. "Or at least to me it was."

Just then Alex walks in sleepily.

"Hey Alex." She says.

"What are you doing here." I say finding out his side of the story. "I thought that you were going to go home."

"She got scared so I stayed and I guess I fell asleep." He says.

"So I'm told." I say.

"So are you going to stay or are you gonna go?" Katie says to Alex.

"Umm..." He says.

"You can stay if you want to." I invite. "You know have breakfast."

"Umm..." He says as he looks at Katie to make sure that it's okay.

"Yeah Alex. Stay." She says.

"Okay." Alex says finally. "But I don't really need breakfast."

"Umm... Okay." I say. "That's fine."

"I'm gonna go watch the news." Katie says.

"I'll come." Alex says.

"I'll be there when I'm done with my cereal." I say.

        I sit on the table where there is a view of the living room and where I can watch Alex and Katie and eavesdrop on what they are saying. They don't say anything for a while. They're just sitting on the couch in silence. The TV is not even on. When I'm done they still haven't said anything. I walk over and start the conversation.

"So. How are you guys." I say.