The Search for Knowledge - Chapter 27

(Author's note: Hey guys! I thought I'd pop in and leave a VERY IMPORTANT message here for you all. You guys have a decision to make, once again! The climax to this story is coming very soon, in fact, the next chapter is the start of it all! So I figured I'd present you guys with a choice.

The upcoming chapters, the climax, is likely to stop in the middle of fights, revelations, reveals, and possible conversations to move on to the next chapter. This means you might see half of a fight and then have to wait a week to see the next part. Based on the pacing and how my current chapters ahead of this one are going, I think the first book [yes there will be more after this] will end between the late thirties and early forties. So there are roughly 10-15 chapters remaining in the first book. To prevent this, I offer you all two choices.

A: Continue as we have and release chapters on a weekly basis until it finishes (10-15 weeks).

B: Save up the chapters and release them all at once as soon as all the first book's chapters are finished/edited. (between 5-8 weeks)

If you all choose the second option, instead of weekly releases, I'll host Q&As on my twitter and discord server every week. I'll put up the Q&A's AS a release.

I leave it up to you all to decide! Here is the Link to my twitter and the link to the strawpoll to decide how we do things!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheSearchforKn1

Strawpoll: https://www.strawpoll.me/17981629

Sorry for the long note, enjoy the chapter!)

"This is entirely ridiculous," Kara said to the rest of the party as they came across the third room that Rox had cleared on his own. "I thought I was used to him leaving the realm of common sense, but no matter how many times I see it, this is completely preposterous."

In front of her and the rest of the silent party laid the remains of what appeared to be a wyvern. Not just any wyvern, however. A purple-scaled wyvern, a breed that had gone extinct over a millennia ago. They were the most dangerous of their kin and were hunted out of existence by armies, mercenaries, and adventurers. This was due to the extreme danger they posed once they started showing signs of evolving into full dragons. They were the only magical creature that was able to control the highly dangerous and versatile gravity magic. At the end of the hunting, the final wyvern was powerful enough to crush entire villages with its prowess. All leaders at the time shuddered at the idea of such a thing becoming a dragon. It would have gained intelligence equal, if not greater, than the mortal races and would then begin using gravity in other ways to fight, rather than just crushing people.

"You're telling me that Rox killed this thing? I thought the Chalcite in the second room was surprising. The doppelganger in the third room was insane, but this! This shouldn't have been possible! This creature doesn't even exist on the outside anymore, how could he possibly have known how to fight against something with no experience in it?!" Sheeron said, gradually becoming more flustered. The latter part of his statement showing his ignorance of who Rox really was. "On top of that, we've been running to catch up since we decided to. Only stopping to observe the sheer stupidity of what that man has been capable of, yet he's still staying ahead while killing these beasts. How is it possible that such a person was merely a captain of the guards?"

"Worry about it later, we need to keep going," Kara said, wanting to divert the conversation somewhere else. Even she was doubting her eyes and she already knew that he wasn't one of the mortal races. "Besides, the other two have already left. If we don't hurry, we'll be left behind by them too."

Feera and Toley had already gotten over their shock, seemingly more accepting of it than Sheeron and Kara due to their personalities, and moved on.