Chapter Twenty-Nine: The Escape (Part One)

Start from the beginning

        Levi blinked then uncrossed his arms, he face still remained blank and unreadable. "Fine. We'll trust you."

The group of human slaves sat there, either staring or poking their food with a fork to see if it was even editable. The food they fed their "workers" wasn't exactly five-star restaurant material, and it didn't even come close to being a regular fast food one.

        It was way far from becoming that good.

        "Are we really going to go through with this?"

        "Yep."

        The table feel silent again. [Name] could tell everyone was worried about tonight, the night they make their escape. As she was staring off into space and mindlessly biting on her bottom lip, a warm, firm hand rested on her upper knee. [Name] snapped out of her thoughts and worries and turned to see who was touching her, and of course, she came face-to-face with Levi. His hair was slightly greasy from all the sweat and hard work he's been doing lately, and his dirt covered white shirt clung loosely to his torso. 

        "Yeah?" [Name] asked turning her body so that she faced him completely. "You know it'll be okay, right?" Levi asked, not bothering to take his eyes off of [Name]'s [e/c] ones. [Name] sighed and shrugged her shoulders, her head dropping down slightly.

        "I don't really know."

        Levi's hand grasped [Name]'s, and by this point the others were having a normal conversation about what they wanted to be in life before the world turned to trash. No one was paying attention to the two lovers. Which in Levi's opinion, was great. 

        "Don't. I'll be there, with you, right by your side throughout the whole time," Levi assured, his eyes showing no signs of lies or jokes. [Name] blinked then slowly nodded. "Okay."

        "Hey, you two lovebirds, c'mon." Sasha laughed as the others started walking out of the dining room. Or whatever they call it. [Name] giggled and rolled her eyes as Levi just scoffed and stood up. "You better watch your mouth, potato girl." 

        "Potato girl?! Where the fuck did that come from?!" Sasha almost shrieked. Levi stopped in his tracks and slowly turned his head so that he was staring right at Sasha's angered face. "Because that's all you ever ate and you look like one." With that, Levi turned back around and continued to walk ahead of the flustered girl and his girlfriend. 

        "I don't understand how you like that," Sasha scoffed, her face twisting in disgust. [Name] smiled and shrugged. "I don't really understand it myself, either."

They all stood soundlessly by the pole with orange paint on it. The lights were off, but the sun still shone through the small windows that were up high. The sun would be setting soon, which meant they'd be leaving soon. 

        Such little time.

        Small female like footsteps echoed in the dark lit room then Christa appeared with Ymir standing tall as always right behind her. "You all here?" Christa asked scanning her eyes over the group. [Name] nodded. "Yeah."        

        "Good."

        "Why are we here again?" Connie asked.

        "Weapons. That behind that door--" Christa's right arm gestured to the door to their right that was painted black, "--then down a few hallways, some turns, then there's the weapon room." 

        "This should be easy," Jean smirked. 

        "And that's where you're wrong," Ymir said bluntly, ruining the moment. Eren frowned, "What do you mean?"

        "That room is heavily guarded for many reasons. It has all the weapons, along with some other stuff, and since it's such a big room they need extra guards to be on watch," Christa explained with a sad sigh. 

        "How many people do they have?" Jean asked, almost wanting to scoff. 

        "A lot."

        "How?" Mikasa questioned.

        "Many people think it's a good, safe place. Even before all this happened the MP's were pretty popular in Idaho. Everyone wanted to be one, but it meant you had to have skill and muscle. It was a bodyguard business, after all." Ymir explained. 

        "People are so stupid.." [Name] mumbled, almost wanting to scoff that people could even thing that the MP was a good place. It was anything but that.

        "Whatever, they have numbers, but most of those shitheads don't have half a brain," Levi said, "so let's just get our fucking weapons back."

---------------------------

I'M SO SORRY FOR THE LATE ASS UPDATE.

I've been so busy lately. School, volleyball, trying to read books that are due soon. And then I have horse riding lessons and babysitting coming up. Not to mention bug bites all over my fucking body, and I might have ringworm. Y'know that fungus thingy. Yeah, that. Greaaaat.

Comment thoughts, ideas, & reviews.