New Friends, New Foes, New Family

A young child was in an alleyway, wearing nothing but rags, digging through a dumpster to try to find something for dinner.

They had just found the remains of a chicken leg, but just as they were about to take a bite out of it, they heard a high-pitched squeaking noise.

"Huh?" they said, turning their head. The source of the sound, a sort of dog creature with a strange green liquid substance tied around its neck, ran up to them and jumped into their arms.

"Oh! Erm, h-hi!" they said, petting it. However, the cute moment didn't last long as they saw two large men approach them. They backed up into the alleyway, shielding the young creature in their arms.

Just as one of the men was about to grab them, the little dog created a bright glow. The next thing they knew, they were out of the alleyway and behind the men.

They both turned around to reveal their intimidating faces. The young child squeaked and rushed away, not daring to look back.

They had lost their breathe by the time they had reached the construction site. They were hot and sweaty from the running, but at the same time, cold and shivering from the current temperature.

The small dog made a worried coo as they held it tighter. "I-It's ok. I-I won't let those bad men hurt you," they spoke, sitting down and petting the dog-like creature in attempts to comfort it.

It remained silent, before a giant thump was heard behind them. They turned around, the child holding the dog like a teddy bear to both comfort themselves and keep it safe, and saw a large turtle man with a red bandana and sharp objects on his belt which they couldn't recognize. The closest thing you could compare them to was knives, so this slightly scared them.

"Hey, little buds, what you doing here?" he said in a...semi-comforting tone as he tried to make himself look like less of a threat.

There were four others there behind him; Three were turtles, one with a blue mask, one with a purple one, and one with an orange one, and one was a human girl.

The four behind him all chuckled as he tried to act all sweet to the two. "What? Cute things love me, alright? I am at one with animals, and not to mention I'm great with kids."

The next thing they know, the little dog jumps out of your arms and scratches the large turtle's face. Two seconds later, it jumps into the teenage girl's arms and starts licking her face.

"Aw, I didn't get this drenched from the cannonball~" she spoke. The dog then swiftly jumped back onto your lap and snuggled into you, making you giggle.

"It looks so weird," the one in orange said. The one in purple kneeled down to the child's height and lifted the green liquid up with one finger, saying, "Maybe it's some kind of nuclear Saint Bernard?"

Soon, everyone heard an angry scoff from behind them. They turned around and saw the same two large men that were chasing you from before. You whimpered and held the dog closer to you.

"Humans!" the turtle in red exclaimed before whisper-yelling to the other turtles, "Initiate plan H!"

The turtles faced the men as the one in blue said in a high-pitched voice, "Um, excuse me, sirs. Can one of you direct us to the local science fiction convention that we are currently dressed for?" "Snazzy alien turtle turtle outfits, huh?" the one in orange continued.

"We are just typical, normal humans who got lost in the middle of our normal, everyday human lives. Nailed it," the one in purple spoke. Everyone stared at him with deadpanned looks. "Dude, you've gotta make it to rehearsal," the one in blue whispered.