Apus

Warning: Another sex scene in this chapter ^-^ Also, a disclaimer -- when getting married, you have to get your marriage license and wait 24 hours before the ceremony, but for fiction sake I just said fuck it and made them go through with the ceremony in the same night. Kids, don't try this at home.

_____

"You what?!?"

"I said we're getting married!" Oliver screamed into the phone.

Baby whooped in the passenger seat next to him, turning the radio up a little more.

"Come be witnesses!"

Francesca simply spluttered over the phone.

"We need two witnesses Fran," Oliver said. "And you and Emmett said you needed to get out of the house."

"I didn't mean this was the solution!" Francesca shrieked. "Oliver are you out of your mind?"

"I'm actually in the sanest mind I've been in all week," Oliver grinned. "We're already in the car on the way to the county clerk's, are you gonna meet us there or what?"

"This is absolutely absurd," Francesca said. "Hold on, I'm getting Emmett."

A couple seconds of static, and then...

"Oliver what the fuck is going on, Fran is going crazy."

"Baby and I are getting married and we need witnesses."

Emmett was silent. Oliver could picture the blank expression on his face and sniggered at the thought.

"You're doing this because Baby has no next of kin," Emmett said. "Right?"

"Yeah," Oliver said. "See? You get it. Fran was scandalized."

"Because it's a big deal Oliver."

"Are you going to be happy for me or what?"

More silence, then when Emmett spoke it was reluctantly.

"Fran and I will meet you in an hour at the city clerk's. I can't believe we're doing this."

"Yes!" Oliver shouted, and Baby echoed it next to him.

"Thank you!" Baby shouted, and Oliver held the phone out so Emmett could hear him.

"Yeah yeah, anything for you two honestly," Emmett said. "I don't remember when we got so wrapped around your little fingers."

He hung up the call, and Oliver tossed his phone in the backseat.

"They're doing it?" Baby asked excitedly.

"They're doing it," Oliver grinned. "We're doing it, fuck."

Baby reached over and grabbed Oliver's hand over the gear shift. His own makeshift violin string ring rubbed against Oliver's fingers, and Oliver felt himself nearly burst with happiness.

"Are you sure you really want to do this?" he asked Baby, probably for the fiftieth time in the last hour.

"I'm sure," Baby said. "So fucking sure."

"Good, because I am too."

They kept the windows rolled down, letting the cool night air whip inside and around the music playing from the speakers. Baby tossed his head back and laughed, a pure laugh of no consequence and utter joy.

"I'm getting married to Oliver Eze!" Baby shouted over the roar of the wind and the music. "I'm getting married!"

*