Pushed Away, but Pulled Back In

I froze, staring at nothing as Peter's words repeated in my mind. He felt the same? Then..

"Why did you chose Gwen, then?"

"I knew her longer. When I met you, I didn't want her to think it was weird for me to like her sister."

"Why would that be weird? We're the same age." I stated, not turning around.

"I don't know. If I would have chosen you, though.. you might not be standing here right now.." he muttered.

I raised an eyebrow and finally turned to face him, "Why do you say that?"

"Just a feeling." he shrugged slightly, not looking at me, "So.."

I crossed my arms and walked up to him, "You feel the same." I stated, "Why did you not tell me sooner?"

"Gwen." he shrugged slightly.

"Gwen.." I nodded, only to frown, "We can't be together."

"What? Why?"

"Gwen." I repeated, "You were dating her. That would be so wrong of me. Her own sister, dating her boyfriend once she died." I shook my head, "That's just horrible."

He sighed quietly, "I know."

"Maybe we should call off our promise to be here for each other."

"Why?"

"Just to have some time away from each other." I shrugged slightly, looking up at him, "See if our feelings change or not."

He nodded and fixed the beanie on his head, "If you think that's best."

"I believe it will be."

He opened his mouth to reply, only to freeze and look behind him. I raised an eyebrow slightly, "What's wrong?"

"Uh, nothing. I have to go." he stated, already backing away from me, "I'll see you whenever." he stated before running off quickly.

I blinked and watched his back disappear from view. I sighed and looked down at the grave one more time before turning and walking the opposite direction. Now I officially have no one. Mom still cries every night and day, my brothers try to stay out of the house.. The two people that actually talked to me about anything are dead.

Now, I pushed Peter away. At least he has his aunt to be there for him..
*~*~*~*~*~

I pulled the blankets up to my chin, letting out a breath. I'm glad I'm graduated. If I wasn't, I definietly wouldn't have enough sleep to even get up for school. Sitting up, I picked my phone up, jumping slightly when it started ringing as soon as I looked at it. I raised an eyebrow slightly, seeing Peter's name.

Biting my bottom lip, I answered it quietly, "Hello?"

"Gabby?" he asked, his voice sounding broken.

"Yeah, hey."

"I need you." he stated, a sob suddenly breaking through the speak of my phone.

I instantly sat up straighter, "What's wrong?"

"My aunt.. she had a heart attack."
*~*~*~*~*~

Oh no, not aunt May! :(

I'm glad y'all are liking this story! I love reading all the comments; some make me laugh xD

My chapter names are probably weird, but hey. Who cares :3