Flashback

It had been along day and after my break up with Raphael I needed something to take my mind of him, so I did the most mundane thing I could think of and went out to my brothers club 'The Pandemonium'. I had had way to many drinks and was surprisingly slightly sober when a sexy blonde hair Shadowhunter walked in and approached the bar.
"Give me something hard that will drown away my sorrows." He said. His voice was deep and husky but calming at the same time.
"Hard day?" I asked.
"Hard life." He chuckled, "I'm Jace by the way." He said putting his hand out.
"Thea." I said shaking it.

We talked for hours and hours about his life and a tiny bit about mine, as I didn't want him know who I really was, the half sister of the high warlock, not just a warlock but a shadowhunter or the daughter of the prince of Edom, but I told him enough for him to know me as well as any of my downworlder friends. I felt liked I'd known him forever, I knew that his mother and farther had been killed by the evil shadowhunter Valentine and that the Lightwoods had taken him in as one of their own, he was even parabati with there son Alec. He had the life I'd always dreamed of but mine obviously included Magnus who I told him about just not his name and status.

Me and Jace walked to the park across the street and sat on a bench looking up at the stars. Even though we had only met that day I felt like I'd known him all 398 years of my life and I wanted to spend every second I could getting to know him even better.
"Thea..." Jace said touch my cheek. He kept looking at my lips and I was doing the same we both leaned in and.... all of a sudden I feel a sharp stabbing pain in my back. Someone had stabbed me. Jace jumped out of his seat and took out his seraph blade and pulled be behind his back but it wasn't me who needed to be defended it was him. I could all ready feel my body heating up before long it would be covered by heavenly fire that would kill every downworlder in sight if I didn't calm myself down.
"Jace!" I said trying to get is attention. It didn't work. My body was getting hotter and hotter by the second, before long my whole body would be on fire.

Stupid curse!

Well, well, well Althea Bane or should I say Raphaels bitch long time no see." The vampire said.
"Not long enough." I spat back. Jace was looking at me like I had just killed his whole family, well the Lightwoods anyway.
"You..." Jace began, "Your a Bane."
"Oh she didn't tell you. Althea's always been good at keeping secrets." Marcus smirked. My hand lit on fire at his comment, I couldn't control it.
"What the hell." Jace said moving away from me. The other hand caught alight.
"Jace you need to go. Now!" I screamed. The fire spread up my arms.
"Not until you tell me what's going on." He said sounding both angry and concerned.
"Oh this is just great. Should I tell him or do you want to." Marcus mocked. I stood there fire almost coving by body, unable to speak.
"Oh ok then. Little missy here is not only a warlock but the daughter of the prince of Edom himself and some shadowhunter slut who has been dead for over 300 years." Marcus said. "And because of her demon side she had a terrible curse put on her by the shadowhunters of England and a few worlocks. A curse that transforms her into the monster she was born to be. You see Althea is what's known as... the Phoenix!" Marcus said in excitement knowing how painful those memories were. Before Jace could say anything I pushed him through a portal I had made that led to the park across from the institute then by body burst into flames killing Marcus instantly. Then as I do every time I transform, I payed put on forgot everything that had happened that night. Including Jace...