Chapter 23: Mixed Feelings

Start from the beginning

    "Hehe, I guess you got me there, Seungmin. Let's just hurry up so we have more time to eat and celebrate our new status as an official team after we shop for Minho's stuff."

    And with that, no one questioned it further as they rushed down the stairs and the left hallway to the garages. There, they all loaded up into a bus that had the letters 'JYP Academy' surrounded in a crest on the sides of the vehicle. Inside the bus, the interior was very spacious and had comfortably cushioned seats. It seemed very much like a travel bus for students of a rich kid school.

Chan drove the bus with Woojin joining him up front in the passenger seat just like it had been the night before on their way back from the mission except this time the trip only took around ten minutes before they pulled to a stop in a large parking spot outside what looked to be a department store.

    As they all piled out of the bus, a few other folks in the parking lot looked and waved to them with a smile. All eight of the boys who were used to the town bowed back to them in response which caused Minho to follow after them.

    "Alrighty, let's head inside and get the stuff quickly, so we can go eat," Chan said with a smile as they made their way inside. He looked over to Minho and could see him frantically looking around the entrance for any Gifted sensors that were usually at the entrance of stores.

"Relax, Minho," he said as he put a hand on Minho's shoulder. "This is an old town that isn't up to date on technology like that, and everyone at the academy comes into town all the time. This isn't the city, so you can relax."

    Minho visibly did relax after that. He had known all of this because of how Jisung described it earlier, but something about actually being out and about in the real world again after running around the backstreets of Seoul when he was with BTS was very different and unnerving. Chan's reassuring words were quick to snap him out of it, however, and Minho admired the leader's ability to calm a situation.

    As they made it inside Minho cleared his throat, "I don't mind if we split into two groups to make this trip faster. I am used to just using whatever is given to me, so other groups can get stuff like the school supplies I'll need and hygiene stuff."

    "Well it doesn't have to be that way now, you know," Woojin reminded Minho. "The academy exists to give you these kinds of small choices."

    Minho just smirked at the reminder, then added, "True, but in the end, it doesn't really matter because I'll just look fabulous either way."

Jisung, who had been hanging in the back, coughed at Minho's words before wrapping his arms around Jeongin and Hyunjin in front of him. "We'll go get that hygiene stuff," he said quickly as he dragged the two people in his arms away into the store in a hurry, Seungmin following close on their tail, rolling his eyes.

    "Felix and I can get what you'll need for school," Changbin said and then disappeared as well with the freckled boy skipping along with him.

    Minho looked after Jisung one more time before he grabbed a shopping cart and made his way over to the men's clothing section of the store. Chan and Woojin stuck with him and helped him find stuff that he would like, but all the clothes Chan were handing him were almost completely black.

    "You know, black isn't the only color in the world, Chan hyung," he finally said after Chan tried to dump yet another black hoodie into Minho's cart. Chan paused, looking from the black hoodie then to Minho before he slowly took the hoodie away from the cart with a pouty look on his face.

    "I suppose your right," he said defeatedly as he put the hoodie back where it came from. Woojin laughed at the blonde and grabbed ahold of his hand.