Chapter 8: Comfort

Once everyone had introduced their own gift, all eight of the other boys started to bombard Minho with various questions about himself. Minho was slightly put off guard because he had always had the tendency to not open himself up to anyone else. In fact, he hadn't even really let the other runaways BTS had taken in know more than the basics about him. When he last opened up to someone, it didn't end well. As a result, he gave varying vague answers to each of their personal questions, yet they didn't press in response. Woojin even whispered to him at one point in the conversation asking if they were making him uncomfortable in any way with their constant jabber. Minho assured the older he was fine repeatedly, but he didn't seem too convinced. It was kind of nice to have someone looking out for him for once, but in all honesty, Minho really didn't feel uncomfortable at all. He found it very entertaining the way someone would ask him a question, he'd start to give some kind of timid answer, and then another would jump in with some teasing remark and tell a story about some stupid thing the other had done before. 'Is this what a family is like?'

While observing the conversations, Minho also began to pick up on certain personality quirks of each member. For example, half the time Chan would observe everyone else talking or bickering to the side almost always with a slight proud smile, and then the other half he would join the younger members with the same youthful energy as all of them. Usually making weird noises or doing weird little dances.

Woojin was even quieter than Chan, but you could tell he was paying attention to everything going on by the knowing grins or side glances he gave to the other members when they said something funny, or just weird. He'd also jump into the conversation with randomly savage comments which always cause everyone but the person they were directed towards to laugh.

For Changbin, he noticed the dark haired boy was the complete opposite of what Minho's first impression of him had been. He was completely not a quiet, moody rebel type, but rather a loud goof who would constantly use a baby voice or some weird kind of old lady nagging voice. He was also TINY. At one point, Seungmin had teased Changbin about something he had done in the past, and when everyone started ganging up on him, his face just looked so betrayed, but then he grabbed onto Felix's arm who was next to him and hid behind the blonde's back with a pout. Felix just gave the wildest smile in response and laughed as he moved the older boy out from behind him while calling him 'baby changbean'.

Felix was just overall, a very cheerful person. He didn't say too much because his Korean was still developing, but that didn't stop him from having just as much fun as everyone else. It was funny to see how every time he struggled with a sentence, he would give a little questioning glance to Chan who would just nod in encouragement.

Hyunjin was a highly cheerful person, as well. He giggled to pretty much everything even if it were only somewhat funny with a very high toned, adorable laugh. The tall boy was also very clingy. He would always be leaning onto someone's shoulder or grabbing onto their arm. He was especially fond of the youngest two of the group, Seungmin and Jeongin.

Minho soon realized those two were indeed a lot more mischievous than their looks let on. Seungmin looked like the most innocent little puppy with his big round glasses only adding to the effect, but some of the stuff he said was just straight up savage! What was the most trippy part about it, though, was whenever he said some cutting remark, he would keep the same cheerful smile as if what he said was completely innocent.

Then there was Jeongin, who even though he was the youngest, he had no problem whatsoever telling his hyungs off. On the other hand, his hyungs never seemed to hold it against him. They would always gush over how adorable their little "Innie" by attacking him with affection rather than scolding him for anything he does. Seungmin, in particular, liked to annoy Jeongin the most.