"You know where he is."

"Outside?" she asked.

"No. Him, Hound, Drift, and Crosshairs are all probably in the garage, Avery. It's raining outside. They don't like getting wet," I explained to her.

"Can I go see them? I miss them," she pouted.

"Not right now. But what you can do is go to sleep," I told her.

I covered her face with my hand in a playful notion which caused her to giggle and then yawn.

"Night night, Ro. I love you," she told me.

I smiled and kissed her forehead.

"Even though it's only one in the afternoon, goodnight. I love you too," I responded.

I got up off of the bed and walked over to, then out of my bedroom door. Quickly, I went down the steps and made my way into the kitchen. A certain blonde haired girl was sitting at my kitchen table with her feet propped up and her phone in her face. I stared at her.

"What do you think you're doing?"

She gave me a look before looking back at her phone.

"I'm tweeting. What does it look like?" she countered.

I rolled my eyes and walked over to the fridge to look for something to eat. There was nothing here to eat at all but a few things of fruit and some butter. Hopefully it was clear tomorrow or at least not storming, because a trip to the store was almost necessary.

As I reached for the box of strawberries at the back of the fridge, a loud roar of thunder shook the house and also startled me. I ended up hitting my head, very hard might I add, on the roof of the fridge. I grabbed the strawberries quickly and sat down at the table, all while trying to rub the soreness out of my head.

"Are you okay?" Gracie laughed.

"I'm perfectly fine, Grace. Couldn't be better," I told her as I threw open the box of strawberries.

She just laughed and I rolled my eyes at her. Her feet were still up on the table and it was beginning to annoy me in the slightest.

"You know, people eat on this table, Gracie. I'm almost certain that we don't want to eat your boot dirt," I told her.

It was now her turn to roll her eyes, but she took her boots off the table anyway. I smiled in triumph and took a bite out of my strawberry.

"So, are you coming with me to the store tomorrow?" I asked her.

"I'll pass. I really need to clean up my bedroom. It's getting on my ever lasting nerves being so messy," she told me.

Gracie had actually moved in with us six months after that week. Her parents had decided to go on a five year cruise around the world and she didn't want to go so now she's here with us, being a nuisance. Hopefully when I moved into my new apartment, she'd come with me.

"It's about damn time. I'm so scared to even walk passed your room, let alone go in it."

"It isn't that bad," she defended.

I just smirked and popped another strawberry into my mouth.

"If you say so."

"So, tell me again. Why are you so afraid of thunder?" she asked me.

I sighed.

"Why do you think? What does thunder sound like, Gracie?"

She thought for a minute and then a look of realization flashed across her face.

"Oh. Okay. I understand now."

"Yeah. All I want is to forget that it even happened," I told her.

She sighed and looked at me.

"I know you do. You just can't let it consume you. It's bad for you, Rose."

"I know that. Optimus told me the same thing," I told her.

"Just go ahead and do what I do. Just live in the moment. You're still living in the past and that's the problem. Think about it, Rose. Everything is okay now and it will be from now on. You have nothing to worry about anymore. You just have to let what happened go," she instructed.

"You're right. I'll try. I can't promise that it'll work, but I promise that I'll try to make it work."

"That's my girl," she said.

I smiled and sat back in my seat. Gracie was absolutely right. Everything was fine and this time it was going to stay that way. All I needed to do was let go of my past and I'd be perfectly okay.