Unexpected Arrival

Avery was fast asleep, and all I could do was sit there and watch her. To some people that might sound a bit creepy, but I didn't think so. She was the cutest thing in the world when she was asleep and I couldn't help myself. I was a proud mother. Okay, she may not have been my biological daughter, but it sure felt like she was. This little girl was my entire life and that would not change any time soon.

A few minutes later a car door sounded, followed by the sound of a very loud voice. I knew it all too well, and I wasted no time at all in running out of my room. Once I was down the stairs I ran to the front door and threw it open. Bumblebee and Jason were still outside, but at the moment I wasn't really worried about them. I was focused on the man and woman looking around in awe at the property.

"Drew! Lyza!" I squealed.

Without thinking I jumped on Drew and wrapped my arms and legs around him as if I were a child. He nearly fell over, but managed to catch himself and me.

"Holy fuck, Rose," he chuckled before squeezing me back.

I jumped down and made my way over to Lyza, squeezing her from tightly.

"It's so good to see you, Rosalie. I'm sorry we couldn't be here for your dad's funeral," she apologized.

I pulled away and gave her a serious look. "No. Do not apologize. You're here now. That's all that matters."

"Jason, my man!" I looked over to see Drew wrapping my brother in a very loving "bro hug". Bee looked rather awkward and maybe even a bit threatened.

"Oh, um. This is Bu-Brayden. Brayden, this is Lyza and Drew," I told them as I gestured around to each of them.

Drew wasted no time at all in wrapping him in a hug like he did with Jason. He was rather startled by this though so I had to grab Drew and yank him off. That gave Drew the time to look at every single damn vehicle--or Autobot--in my driveway. I was still wondering why they had yet to transform or speak today, but I guess now wasn't exactly a good time for that.

"And this is what I have been waiting for," Drew exclaimed as he ran over to Drift.

"He's so stupid," I whispered to Lyza.

"Try living with him," she snickered.

Drew was now approaching Bumblebee's alternate form, and he turned to look at me. "And this one is yours, right?"

Jason snickered. "Yes, that one is hers in more ways than you know."

Oh God.

"Shut up, Jason," Bee (or Brayden) grumbled. Jason just laughed and ran into the house.

"Can I drive it?" Drew asked me with a hopeful smile.

"No," I said too quickly.

"And why not? I'll be careful," he whined.

"Uh, dead battery?"

"Fuck you, Stalin."

The next thing I knew Gracie was running out the front door. She didn't stop until she was wrapped around Lyza's body. I could only assume that Jason had informed her of their arrival, and she seemed very pleased with the news.

"I've missed you so much," she squealed.

Lyza laughed. "I've missed you too!"

The sound of someone pulling into the driveway caused all of us to turn our heads. A brand new Audi R8 pulled up and parked. Drew cursed under his breath and I felt like I was going to pass out; by the look on Gracie's face she was ready to pass out too. Lyza looked guilty about something and Bee just looked confused. This was not fucking happening right now.

"Sorry I'm late. I stopped at Starbucks," Brooke called as she got out of her car. I rolled my eyes at her. Typical fucking white girl.

"I told Lyza not to do this," Drew whispered to me. I pushed Drew away so I could talk to him without Lyza hearing. This was just so fucking amazing.

"I thought she didn't like her," I whisper-yelled.

"You know how she is. She can't hold a grudge," he chuckled.

I scoffed and walked back over to the girls, but not before dragging Bumblebee with me. If she tried anything at all I was going to deck her right in her perfect little face.

"Is that who I think it is?" Bee asked me, placing a hand on the small of my back.

I only nodded and looked back at the blonde girl who was making her way towards us with a smile on her face. Her heels sounded loudly against the concrete and I found myself getting a massive headache at the sound of them.

"Hi guys!" she greeted.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Gracie exclaimed angrily. She clenched her fist and took a step forward. Bee was quick to leave my side to stop her. He yanked her over his shoulder and carried her back into the house, much to her despair and her insane amount of pleas. If he hadn't, though, she probably would've punched her.

"Lyza told me you wanted me to visit, so I did," she said quietly. I could see a look of hurt flash in her eyes and I almost felt bad...almost.

I gave Lyza a dirty look, but she was not affected by it at all. All she did was shrug and smile.

"Surprise?" she laughed. I rolled my eyes at her.

"You believed her?" I asked Brooke.

She shook her head. "Of course not, but that didn't stop me. I'm being serious when I say I want to be okay with y'all again. I've changed, I really have."

I studied her eyes to see if I could find one trace of dishonesty, but I found absolutely nothing but sincerity. I sighed in defeat.

"Fine. You can stay here, but only because I've had a rough couple of weeks, and the more people the merrier," I chimed. She smiled at me, and I could literally tell she was holding back a squeal.

"I'll get our bags," Drew mumbled before wondering off.

"We'll be inside," I told him before walking towards the front door, the two girls on my tail. This was going to be a long, but hopefully good week.