Chapter 5: Feelings Are Weird.

Start from the beginning

"Ohhhhh." John responded in realization.

"Yep! Okay, we need some suspects. Does Eliza have any enemies?"

John thought a bit, looking around at the students walking around the school. "Not that I know of..everyone likes Eliza."

"Sure that's what they say..but how do they really feel...does Eliza not like anyone?"

"Eh...there's this girl named Sophia Charlotte, and she and Eliza had this rivalry going on because one time Sophia intentionally caused Eliza to get all F's on one of her report card last year, because her family has a connection to the school, all because Eliza split coffee on her by accident. It was really effed up."

Alexander's eyes narrowed. "Tch. Only a prick would do something like that. ..And only a prick would hurt Eliza in the first place! Where is this 'Sophia Charlotte'?"

"She usually hangs out on the second floor corridor."

"To the stairs!" Alexander dashed into the direction of the stairs as John struggled to catch up.

                                        🇬🇧 🇫🇷

Alexander impatiently waited for John to come up to the top of the stairs. He did eventually, breathless. He laid on the ground. "There's like a million stairs down there..and they're spiral...how did you make it up here so fast?" Alexander shrugged.

"Determination causes me to do a lot of things."

They hid behind the side of a locker, because school rule legally they weren't allowed to be up here because they were a grade lower than Sophia's class. Alexander turned to John. "Alright, do you see Sophia anywhere?"

John looked around. "There." He pointed to Sophia standing and talking with another girl.

"Who's that with her?" "Marie Antoinette. Her and Laf know each other. Not in a good way." "Oh."

Alexander then stalked over to Sophia and Marie, pointing an accusing finger at Sophia. "Alright, Charlotte, what did you do to Eliza this time?"

Sophia and Marie turned to Alexander. Sophia narrowed her eyes at him. "Who are you?" Alexander blinked slowly at her English accent.

"Alexander Hamilton. I came here a week ago."

John walked over next to him. "He's a friend of mine. ..And Eliza's."

Marie smiled at John in recognition. "Oh! John Laurens! You're friends with Marie-Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert du Motier, Marquis de Lafayette!"

Alexander turned to John wide - eyed. "That's his full name?"

"Yep. You get used to it."

"Anyways! Back to the topic. What, did you do to Eliza, Sophia Charlotte."

Sophia rolled her eyes. "I didn't do anything, Alexander Hamilton. That was last year, get a grip."

"I do have a grip! And I know you're lying because Eliza wouldn't be sad for no reason yesterday. What. Did. You. Do." He leaned into Sophia.

"I. Didn't. Do. Anything." She leaned in back. "I didn't even see, Eliza yesterday! We avoid each other. You can ask her right now."

"Fine, I will!" Alexander quickly pulled out his phone and called Eliza.

Ring...

Ring..

Ring..