05

~•~

~•~

FOUR DAYS HAD passed until Natalia felt like going to school again. She was on medications, her arm was in a cast, and some bruises could still be seen on her skin. Pretty much, she was a wreck. If she wasn't worried about her grades dropping, Natalia would still be at home. Faith, Isabella, and Veronica were all watching her like a hawk. They didn't know if they should bring up what had happened, or ignore it completely.

"What?" She snapped as the three were staring at her.

"N-nothing." Faith stammered.

"We're just thinking of how great you look!" Isabella chimed in.

"Mhm," Veronica nodded, "Like a whole goddess."

Natalia sighed, "I'm just gonna go to class." She gave them a weak smile before walking into history.

Multiple eyes were on her, scanning over her injuries. The word spread pretty fast when she didn't show up to school. If they didn't see the accident on the news, they heard it from other people. They all talked about how bad it looked, and how she only lived because of Spiderman. Natalia tensed up, but ignored the prying eyes and got her assignments from the teacher. She walked to her now assigned seat at the back table, where MJ and Peter sat. She seemed to calm down at the sight of him.

"Hey." MJ greeted as she sat down. The two had known of each other since preschool.

"Hi guys."

It was silent for a few seconds before Peter spoke. "Are you doing okay?" He asked her. Their eyes met for a few seconds before she answered.

"I'm better than I was a few days ago, at least."

"How's the arm?" MJ chimed in. Natalia was incredibly glad that they were treating her like what happened actually happened. They actually cared.

"It's fine, it's just annoying that I can't use it." She answered.

"At least you get out of P.E." MJ pointed out.

Natalia laughed, "True, but which sucks is I can't go to my self-defense classes. I would really like to punch someone after this."

"You take self defense classes?" Peter asked, surprised.

"Her dads a cop-"
"My dads a cop."
MJ and Natalia stated at the same time. They continued to converse as they worked on their project together.

"Your French Revolution presentations are due tomorrow. Make sure you work on it outside of class if you aren't finished."

Students started to gather their things and head out the door. The three of them walked out together, talking about their assignment.

"Sorry guys, but I actually can't meet up to finish it." MJ said to them.

"If you guys can't that's okay. You did a lot of the project when I was recovering. I can finish it." Natalia admitted.

"Sounds goo-" MJ started.

"No that's okay," Peter interrupted, "I should come over and help."

"Oh; okay. If you want to." She said, surprised.

"Uh-yeah. Just send me your address."

MJ stared at them as they talked. "Just make sure you guys keep your hands to yourself when you're alone together, k?" She teased and walked away.

"I-"

"I've got to go... to class." Natalia pointed the other way.

Peter avoided eye contact, "Yeah; I have to go that way." He pointed in the other direction. They each awkwardly whispered bye, and scurried away from each other as fast as possible, both blushing hard.