01

~•~

~•~

WITH ONE TOUCH of a finger, someone's life could change. Like a blossoming flower, vibrant colors would appear before your eyes. It would bring you from the dull darkness into the golden beauty of the world. That's what it's like to meet your soulmate in a world where every 'normal' person sees black and white, and the 'special' ones see color. They really aren't special, they were just lucky enough to meet the person the universe paired them with.

But, it's not always a beautiful thing. It can bring you the worst kind of pain. Sometimes, your soulmate really isn't the person you want, or the person you work out with. For some, they're rushing down the street on their way to work and bump into a random stranger, only to find out that that stranger already has a spouse, and two kids back at home. Or for the very unlucky ones, they find out their soulmate is a criminal, or in the worst case scenario, a killer. Then they spend the rest of their lives wondering why they were destined to be with such an evil person.

Some will love the way the universe works, grateful that they found their soulmate, and others will hate it, wondering why they can't just choose for themselves who they're meant to be with. Everyone will find their 'soulmate' but not everyone will find the love of their life, the person they're really meant for. Fuck the universe, find your own person. Take life by it's horns and make it what you want. Well, that's what Natalia thought.

Her books and binder were tucked under her arm as she scurried down the hallways of Midtown School of Science and Technology. She should've been heading to her chem class, but her best friend Faith had sent her a text, asking her to meet her at her locker. Natalia weaved her way around the crowed of students, mumbling a 'sorry' or 'excuse me' as she went.

"Okay, Faith. What's the SOS?" She sighed after arriving at her locker.

"I got a B on my calculus test." Faith whined, leaning against her locker with a disappointed look in her eyes.

"This was the emergency?"

"You know my parents, I have to get A's, A's and only A's. This is bad, I'm better than this! Help me come up with an excuse."

Natalia rolled her eyes, "You can do better on the text test, but now we have to get going to class." She grabbed her friend by the shoulders and pushed her along. As they walked the girl's blue eyes settled on a familiar boy. She took in his little brown curls and his pretty smile.

"Nat," Faith whispered, "You're staring."

"Ugh why do I keep doing that!" She exclaimed as she looked away.

"Oh my god, do you have a crush?"

"Nope, he's just cute. I don't even know him that well." Natalia admitted.