02

~•~

~•~

NEW YORK'S SUN was bright today, casting a warm sunlight over the campus of Midtown. Natalia was ecstatic. Her best guy friend was coming home today after being on a trip overseas. He always made everything better, with his humor, charm, and overall good looks. She missed him dearly.

"My girl!" Zach Andrews yelled as he darted down the stairs and ran up to his best friend.  "Natalia!"

The girl turned around at the sound of her name, "Oh my god, Zach!" She happily exclaimed, as she jumped into his arms, pulling each other into a hug. "How was Europe?"

"Oh it was great." He answered. "Plenty of cute European girls and guys."

She rolled her eyes. "Where were you before school? I didn't see you then or in the halls."

"Well before school I came early to talk to my teachers about what I missed. And between classes I was running pretty quickly to each room." He answered. "Oh and I was looking at Peter's arms today, and dang he has some muscle!" Zach started saying. "When did he get those? Geez, what else did I miss while I was on vacation?"

She laughed. "But don't worry Nat, he's all yours." Zach put in.

"Okay Zachary he's actually not mine." She frowned.

"What? But I thought you liked him." He said.

"No, he's cute, there's a difference." Natalia whispered to him as they started approaching their other friends.

"Come on," Zach whispered back. "you definitely like him a little." She just gave him a look, which told him to drop it.

"Zach! Welcome back man." Isabella gave him a gentle punch on the arm.

"Hey Bella." He answered with a smile, "Where you been loca?"

With an annoyed laugh at his bad joke, Faith greeted him next, "Hey Zachary."

"I told you, Yedda," Zach sighed, "It's Zach not Zachary."

She rolled her eyes, "Then don't call me by my last name."

Some girls walked past, giggling and throwing winks at Zach. He smirked at them and ran a hand through his hair. "Ugh, I've been back for one day and already these girls are all over me." Zach said once they'd left.

"You're like the hottest guy at this school." Isabella said. He rolled his eyes.

"You like the attention Zach." Natalia chuckled.