Chapter 5:Its On

I had been up all night trying to decide what song I would do for Vocal Hour, and when I finally figured out which song I would do, I stayed up even longer practicing it nonstop. Mike kept yelling at me to keep it down and to shut up, but I never did.

"You ready, kiddo?" Mike said to me as we walked to the activities building.

I glanced at him with a sneer. "No. In fact, I am not. But I'm going to do it anyway." I said and gave him a light shove. "How will we know who wins this round anyway?" I asked.

He shrugged. "How am I supposed to know?" He said and I sighed.

He opened the door for me to walk in, and walked in after me.

"Ah! Now we can start, they finally arrived." The instructor said as we walked in.

"Just one question." I said and he nodded.

"Yes?"

"How do we know who wins this round?" I questioned as I sat down in Luke's lap once again. Luke chuckled and wrapped his arms around me, securing me in his lap.

Normally if a guy did that, I'd shove him off. But I didn't mind right now.

"What happens is, Miss Daae will sing her song first, then you will sing your song. The rest of the campers will have until tomorrow morning to decide who they liked most and to vote, and tomorrow the winner will be determined. Whoever the winner is, will compete with Mike Clifford." He said and I glanced at Mike.

"If Meg wins, kick her no-good, fake ass for me." I mouthed to him.

He nodded with a smirk.

The day went by really slow, but Meg and I both did our songs. And I am just anxiously awaiting for tomorrow to come, because I want to know who won.

I sighed, glancing at Mike during our free time. Most people were outside doing some stupid activity, but Mike and I didn't want to be in the sun, so we were sitting on the floor, in our cabin, playing board games and card games.

"Got any jacks?" I asked and he shook his head.

"No. Go fish." He said.

Suddenly we heard a voice blaring through the speakers. "Attention. Everyone has cast their votes for today's competition. Tomorrow will be Katey vs Mike. Goodbye." It was the instructor.

We both slammed down our playing cards and in unison we said "It's on!"