Chapter 3:Skinner Meets Clifford

After a while of looking around at all of the cabin numbers, I finally found Cabin 11.

I slowly opened the door and walked in. Hanging on the wall was a opened folder, with a paper that had today's schedule on it, and there was also a sheet of paper that had the names of the people in the cabin, and the rules.

"Mike Clifford and Katherine Skinner." I read aloud, then let out a small groan. I then noticed the ballpoint pen lying on a small table under the paper. I quickly picked up the pen and scratched out where it said Katherine, and wrote Katey in place of it.

"Looks like I'm roomed with a girl for the summer." I heard a familiar voice say from behind me.

I flinched a bit, because he startled me, and turned to face him. "Well, well. Your hair... It's.."

"Bright red. Anyway, I'm Mike." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Katey." I said and walked to a corner of the cabin, setting my suitcase aside.

"You're tall." He said simply. He obviously didn't notice that I have been wearing heels, which honestly surprised me, because my heels made that loud noise against the floor.

I chuckled. "No, I'm not." I said as I sat on the floor for a moment.

"Yes, you are." He said and I laughed as I stood back up.

"No, look. I'm not." I said and took off my heels.

"Oh. My. Gosh. You're so short." He said and I laughed as I put my heels back on.

"Whatever." I said as I ran a brush through my hair.

"We better get going, shortie. The first activity is starting in five minutes." He said to me and I shrugged.

"Alright. Let me finish fixing my hair. Hey, you're last name is Clifford.. Right?" I said and he nodded.

I couldn't help but laugh a bit. I kinda wanted to call him Clifford the big red Mike. But I knew that would be inappropriate and rude.

"What are you laughing about?" He asked.

I shook my head. "Nothing."