Chapter One:Getting Ready

"Katey!" My mother yelled as I put my soft, red pillow over my head. "GET UP! NOW!" She demanded.

I sat up for a brief moment. "Never. In. A. Million. Years. I. Am. Not. Going. To. That. Stupid. Camp. okay niiiiight." I said and layed back down.

"Katheryn, you are going to that camp whether you want to or not. It will be good for you, since you never do anything, and I'm going to be away all summer. Now, please get up and get dressed."

I let out a deep, dramatic sigh. "Fine. But just so you know, I. Will. Be. Miserable thanks to you." I said as I got out of my comfy bed.

"Maybe you'll change your mind when you get there. Now please, hurry up." She said.

"Alright, alright. Get out so I can get dressed." I said as I took off my pyjama bottoms.

"Okay. I'm going, but don't take too long." She said as she shut my door.

"Yeah, yeah."

I quickly changed into my grey Batman t-shirt and my ripped skinny jeans. Then, I quickly slipped on my favorite platform ankle boots, but I like to call them my 'killer heels', because the heels are 6 inches(hey! I'm short and want to feel tall! Gimme a break).

I sighed as I grabbed my rolling suitcase by its handle, and walked into the hallway without even brushing my wavy brown hair.

"Brush your hair, Katey." Mom said.

I groaned and glared at her. "Mom. It is currently 6:30 in the morning. Do you think I care about my appearance?" I said and she shrugged.

"Apparently you do. Otherwise, you'd be wearing your Chuck Taylors instead of your killer heels." She said referring to the fact that I was trying to be taller.

"Whatever. Let's just go." I said and she nodded.

"Alright. Registration starts at 7, and the camp is almost 45 minutes away." She said as we got into the piece of junk that we use as a car.

"45 minute away?! Mom! Why can't I just go to dads house? He lives only 20 minutes away!" I said and she sighed.

"You're going to the camp, Katey. I'm sorry, but you are." She said and I sighed.

"Let's just go so I can start off my miserable summer without being late." I said before she began driving.