Chapter Two: Tales Of War

Start from the beginning

Tobias grasped the brass handle of the door, the brass was worn and faded in appearance and had likely been in use for many years. He swung the door open to reveal a large room with a giant oval shaped table in the middle. It looked to be made from the same wood as the door as did the chairs around it. At the very back of the room was a multitude of monitors with CCTV images in black and white showing various parts of the mansion including outside. Also there were three people on each side of the room typing away on laptops. The right side had a spectacularly good view of the countryside outside, the windows also framed in the same type of wood as the table and door.

The walls were decorated with an aged brown wallpaper with intricate gold woven into various shapes which were unknown to either Taylor or Jamie, reflecting the age of the building altogether. 

"Holy shit! Who are you people MI5?" asked Jamie looking at the monitors and computers in absolute awe.

"Ha, no my boy. Far more secretive than that." said Tobias with a wink. Then strode into the room and gestured for the two of them to sit on a pair of the ornate chairs in the middle of the table.

They sat and Taylor felt very comfortable with his back resting on the cushion of the chair. Tobias and the twins settled on the other side of the table, one on each side

"So Jamie, Taylor, I believe you are owed an explanation. First of all. I am sorry that we had to bring you in under such circumstances." said Tobias. His eyes flared momentarily with a dangerous glint of anger.

"Never mind that, who were the people that got caught in the blast?" asked Taylor. He had started to think back to the charred corpses in the hallway. He wanted to know that instead of being given apologies by a complete stranger.

"Ah yes they were Charlotte O'Connell 21 years of age and Mark O’Connell 20 years of age, both in media studies" said Tobias grimly. As read from a piece of paper on the table. They'd gotten the information fast as if it had already been waiting for them before they arrived.

"It was very lucky that Noran and his people struck when they did, a minute later it'd have been an absolute slaughter with the hall packed full of students." said Michal. Now looking as grim as Tobias did.

"How did you get their information so quickly?" asked Taylor. His curiosity getting the better of him.

“Just take a look around how do you think we got the information? said Michal with a cheeky grin.

"Well you know our names and that of the man who attacked you today but there is so much more to tell you," interjected Farn

"Firstly our people are called the Arturion’s. Noran leads the Cyturion’s which I suppose you could call our opposites" said Tobias now beginning to look more serious.

"Our race is called The Embers and we go back thousands of years as the human race was just starting to develop. We lived in a parallel world to yours called Thurnar a paradise world." said Tobias. His arms now crossed looking directly toward the two of them.

"Now before I go further I want to make sure you're taking all of this in. There is so much still that you need to know and we won’t give you all the information at once. You need time to think on all of this.” he assessed the two of them in order to gauge their reactions as they averted their eyes.

Taylor tried to think of what to say but nothing came to mind. He was between staying and darting out the door. People who existed in a different world who also wielded fire from their bare hands, it was enough to make a grown man run back out the door, let alone a pair of adolescent’s

"Continue," said Jamie his tone flat taking a deep breath afterwards. This surprised his friend; he'd always been withdrawn never taking the indicative much. Taylor's pride soared at seeing his best friend standing up and making himself heard amid the chaos.On the other hand Taylor wasn't so convinced, these people were clearly dangerous but now he wondered if they'd made the right decision in coming with them.